Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freezes every time I install any custom content!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezes every time I install any custom content! Empty Game freezes every time I install any custom content!

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2014, 01:12

Hello,

I've installed the sims and applied the patch and have basically every expansion pack. I've patched up to 1.55 and all my mods are compatible with the patch. I've installed CC Magic so that I can organize my mods and make sure everything is ok. My problem is that for some reason I keep getting a glitch where at 2:00 am my game freezes and nothing happens. I won't crash or do anything it'll just stay frozen for as long as I leave it open, once up to 2 hours. The only way to fix it is to delete my Sism 3 Documents folder and delete my CC Magic folder and just re-install everything... WHY IS THIS HAPPENING????  Help

Back to top Go down

Game freezes every time I install any custom content! Empty Re: Game freezes every time I install any custom content!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Jan 2014, 02:43

hotsmilesatyou wrote:Hello,

I've installed the sims and applied the patch and have basically every expansion pack. I've patched up to 1.55 and all my mods are compatible with the patch. I've installed CC Magic so that I can organize my mods and make sure everything is ok. My problem is that for some reason I keep getting a glitch where at 2:00 am my game freezes and nothing happens. I won't crash or do anything it'll just stay frozen for as long as I leave it open, once up to 2 hours. The only way to fix it is to delete my Sism 3 Documents folder and delete my CC Magic folder and just re-install everything... WHY IS THIS HAPPENING????  Help

Hello,

This sounds quite serious - do you still have your "The Sims 3" folder that you deleted from My documents ?

It's most likely caused by a mod or other CC. The thing is this: just because the description of a mod says it is "compatible", it doesn't mean that you can't get problems (I've seen this myself several times).

See if you can restore your "Sims 3" folder. If you can do that, go inside it and rename the folder "Mods", into anything you like. Also, delete the file scriptCache.package, inside the folder Sims 3.

Restart the game and see if the same glitch happens again. Good luck, and let us know your result, so that we can go on with the troubleshooting, if necessary ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top