Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My sims 3 game won't start up/won't install custom content

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My sims 3 game won't start up/won't install custom content Empty My sims 3 game won't start up/won't install custom content

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jan 2015, 04:34

My sims 3 game won't start up. Every time I start it in the sims 3 launcher ny screen goes black with the blue loading thingy. Idk I it always goes black when it's starting up, its just now the black screen stays black.

Back to top Go down

My sims 3 game won't start up/won't install custom content Empty Re: My sims 3 game won't start up/won't install custom content

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jan 2015, 09:47

Hello,
Please try to use Game Booster from IOBit.
Do you have mods?

Back to top Go down

My sims 3 game won't start up/won't install custom content Empty Re: My sims 3 game won't start up/won't install custom content

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jan 2015, 19:54

Hi.

Ummm.. I think so. What exactly are Mods???

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 Jan 2015, 06:54

Gamer_chick wrote:Hi.

Ummm.. I think so. What exactly are Mods???

//MOVED

Please note that I am *still* on vacation actually (see my signature and the part about the "visitor messages"). So you should not expect regular replies from me until I am back. 

For now, please check this thread here for possible fixes on the "black screen issue".
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16586-black-screen-at-startup-other-possible-fixes

Next, I also checked your posting history, and I noticed/recalled that you used to have huge problems installing the game, and I attempted to help you back then. However, you never posted back about your final results ? Are you sure you applied the latest manual patch and latest Ultimate fix correctly ?

Assuming your game actually worked at some point, something must have happened, which led to the game not working anymore. What did you change about your game ? Did you add new expansions ? 

P.S. also note that I will be back in about a week from now on, and you shouldn't expect much communication from my part until then. In fact, the main reason I came online now is because I saw you e-mailed and PMed me, and seemingly nobody else got back to you in the meantime.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jan 2015, 22:02

I'm sorry, didn't know you were on vacation. But I did everything you told me to do.the very last time we talked. The game went smoothly for a very long while actually. I had quite a lot if custom content which I THINK made my game run slow. And I that was the only thing that mad the game not so enjoyable for me. Then I decided to get a little more custom content and while I was trying to install them it just kept saying 'The sims 3 not responding'. So then I just decided to not install anymore custom content and just play my game. So I ran my game through the sims 3 launcher per usual and the screen juat stayed completely black. So I decided that I'll just reboot my computer starting completely over. Now, since you helped with everything the first time I installed EVERYTHING on my own with no problem. When I installed the sime 3  and the expansion/pack stuff U wanted, I ran the game to see if I would get the black screen again and I didn't. This was BEFORE I reinstalled all of the custom content I had before. So after I seen that everything was okay I decided before I actually play the game I want to install all the custom content I had before (if I can remember them all). So That's what I was doing the last couple if days until it wouldn't let me install anymore custom content. Then I test the game to see if it would run so that I can just play it (even without all the sims 3 content I wanted) and the screen did exactly what it did before I restored my computer.  I. Just need to.know what I can do to actually play my game again.and install custom content. Please and thank you. 

P.S. I'm sorry about contacting you while on your vacation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 13 Jan 2015, 17:04

Hi! Please try CC Magic, it may fix your issues...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jan 2015, 20:20

What id that and what exactly does it do??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 14 Jan 2015, 23:20

Gamer_chick wrote:What id that and what exactly does it do??
It's a program that organizes custom content from several tiny sims3packs into a few large package files, among other things, like looking for conflicts and other issues. Even though we don't provide direct support to that tool, you can Google it. It's free and it might help you. Please let's know how things turn out.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Jan 2015, 15:06

Gamer_chick wrote:I'm sorry, didn't know you were on vacation. But I did everything you told me to do.the very last time we talked. The game went smoothly for a very long while actually. I had quite a lot if custom content which I THINK made my game run slow. And I that was the only thing that mad the game not so enjoyable for me. Then I decided to get a little more custom content and while I was trying to install them it just kept saying 'The sims 3 not responding'. So then I just decided to not install anymore custom content and just play my game. So I ran my game through the sims 3 launcher per usual and the screen juat stayed completely black. So I decided that I'll just reboot my computer starting completely over. Now, since you helped with everything the first time I installed EVERYTHING on my own with no problem. When I installed the sime 3  and the expansion/pack stuff U wanted, I ran the game to see if I would get the black screen again and I didn't. This was BEFORE I reinstalled all of the custom content I had before. So after I seen that everything was okay I decided before I actually play the game I want to install all the custom content I had before (if I can remember them all). So That's what I was doing the last couple if days until it wouldn't let me install anymore custom content. Then I test the game to see if it would run so that I can just play it (even without all the sims 3 content I wanted) and the screen did exactly what it did before I restored my computer.  I. Just need to.know what I can do to actually play my game again.and install custom content. Please and thank you. 

P.S. I'm sorry about contacting you while on your vacation.

Sorry for the very late reply, do you still need help with that ? For now, I would actually suggest to "skip" the thing with CC Magic. 

Can you tell me what "kind" of custom content items you are using ? Are these in the .package file format ? Or .sims3pack format ? Where did you download them from ? And what kind of items are they ? (clothes ? buy-mode objects ? hair ? Or even mods ?). Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top