Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Pets and Island Paradise Installation HELP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Pets and Island Paradise Installation HELP Empty Sims 3 Pets and Island Paradise Installation HELP

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2014, 09:02

I have every sims 3 expansion pack, all of which I downloaded from g4tw. I have installed them all successfully in the past however recently uninstalled them all to reinstall them and start fresh.

All have installed fine (haven't tried playing yet though) except for Pets and Island Paradise. I have tried installing both a number of times. With Pets, I receive the notification 'Setup needs the next disk' and it says 'Please insert disk 1 that contains the file Support/Readme/en/en_EULA.rtf. If I cancel, if aborts the installation. If I browse for the file specified, directing it to the folder: D:\The Sims 3 - Pets\Support\Readme\en, it tells me 'Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk. Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path.' Either way, it will not let me complete the installation.

With Island Paradise, right at the beginning before I can even put in the serial code, it either tries to update, tells me it can't and then the only options I have result in the installation being aborted or I get an error message and again, the installation aborts.

These are the last expansion packs I have left to install. I had been installing in order but when they didn't work a number of times, I skipped them to come back to them later as I figured had I bought them out of order, they'd have been installed in a different order anyway so really shouldn't have an affect. I also had a problem with Ambitions and Generations and had skipped them but when I went back to them, they installed without issues and that's what I was hoping would happen with Pets and IP as well. I have not copied any cracks over yet either and don't intend to until I am ready to start playing which won't happen until I resolve these installation issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets and Island Paradise Installation HELP Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets and Island Paradise Installation HELP

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2014, 09:29

Additionally, I have tried the regedit avenue as suggested here:https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15428-help-having-issues-with-re-installing-sims-3-solved?highlight=sims+island+paradise

This did not work. IP was not there to be deleted which was to be expected since this is a first time install for IP - I had all up to IP installed before the mass uninstallation - but I thought it was worth a shot.

However, I was messing around trying to get Pets installer to recognise a disk and I finally got it to work. Instead of specifying a direct file location, I just specified the file location as 'The Sims 3 - Pets' and let the system find the specific file on its own, which it seems like it did. Now to solve the IP issue!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets and Island Paradise Installation HELP Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets and Island Paradise Installation HELP

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2014, 09:52

Well, it seems deleting the Pets registrations helped with IP somehow since now the IP installation has worked... Now I'll just follow the installation guide with the ultimate fixes and such and then I'll give the game a try. Given the difficulty I had installing, I am anticipating gameplay problems. Hopefully, that won't be the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top