Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Island Paradise Installation Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise Installation Problems Empty Sims 3 Island Paradise Installation Problems

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 21:20

Hi, here's what happened:

A few days ago, I managed to get through the installer as normal, and decided that id take a shower while it was installing, when I got back, I discovered that my computer had updated itself while it was installing. Now, I'm 99% sure this **** everything up, but it was saying that it had installed, when it actually just wouldn't work at all. 3 days and many, many updates and fixes later, I finally got my game to work again as before (without IP), however, I had a difficult time un-installing IP. Now that I've finally managed to bring everything back to normal, I decided to try re-installing IP. But it keeps running the un-install manager, saying that it's already been un-installed and then exiting, and doing the same thing every time I attempt to run Sims3EP10setup.exe

I'm totally stumped as to why it would do this, it's already been removed from the Programs & Files section in Control Panel and there's no trace of it in my Program Files/Electronic Arts folder, so what's going on? I've already installed the ultimate fix and updated to 1.55, so I really have no idea.

Help? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise Installation Problems Empty Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise Installation Problems

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 23:07

Regedit?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise Installation Problems Empty Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise Installation Problems

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 23:24

V10R37 wrote:Regedit?

Yup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 23:29

"Yup" what?
You already tried it and it didn't work or you did it now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 23:32

V10R37 wrote:"Yup" what?
You already tried it and it didn't work or you did it now?

Sorry, I'm a little tired. Yeah, I tried it and it didn't work. I'm in the process of re-downloading it so I'm gonna see if it helps anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 23:39

You're not the only one tired here. Past midnight here.
Don't know what else to tell you to do to fix it.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 13 Jul 2013, 04:03

Hello,

Can you try to attempt a clean reinstallation via Revo uninstaller and try this again?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jul 2013, 17:33

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Can you try to attempt a clean reinstallation via Revo uninstaller and try this again?

Here's the thing though, it already says it's been uninstalled. It doesn't appear in the list of programs available to uninstall, but even still, whenever i attempt to re-install, it just gives me the uninstall launcher, and then exits. This happens every time I try to re-install it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jul 2013, 17:39

Copy all the original files from the fix up to university life? Have you tried this?
Maybe you have problems because of the crack from Island Paradise?

Just a thought that crossed my mind...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jul 2013, 17:48

V10R37 wrote:Copy all the original files from the fix up to university life? Have you tried this?
Maybe you have problems because of the crack from Island Paradise?

Just a thought that crossed my mind...

I've already tried removing everything (including the crack) but no luck. I'm literally lost at this stage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 00:49

i have an issue i am reinstalling all my sims games go to install the island paradise and it says that the update is invalid and can't complete. I am downloading the ultimate fix should i try and do the fix and then try to reinstall the island paradise? Or do i have to do the update 1.55 before doing island paradise?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 03:30

mystichaze wrote:i have an issue i am reinstalling all my sims games go to install the island paradise and it says that the update is invalid and can't complete. I am downloading the ultimate fix should i try and do the fix and then try to reinstall the island paradise? Or do i have to do the update 1.55 before doing island paradise?

Why are you posting here and not in the original thread? Anyway, download the manual patch and then try re-installing. Use the ultimate fix AFTER you've installed it

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 14 Jul 2013, 10:35

Hello,

If you guys have problems with manual patch (aka invalid file error), try this. Bear in mind that you need The Sims 3: Island Paradise torrent.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top