Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about Ultimate Fix with new expansion packs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about Ultimate Fix with new expansion packs Empty Question about Ultimate Fix with new expansion packs

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 05:45

Hi !

Really grateful for all the help Ive found on here. So far, I have already downloaded and installed SIMS 3 from another site, and have converted RELOADED version to RAZOR version 1.24.3 (I think). I have downloaded some of the expansion packs, but havent installed them yet.

My questions are

1. I think I have read in one of the previous posts that the ultimate fix will work on any sims 3 game, even if it was downloaded somewhere else, is that correct ?

2. Is the same true for the expansion packs, if I have already downloaded some of them from somewhere else ?

3. I was instructed NOT to install the EA Download manager, but on some of your posts, you are giving instructions to install and use this now - I'm a bit confused. Can you put me on the right track about this please ?

4. And finally... the latest pack included in the fix is 'generations' but there are other packs not mentioned in the fix, that I would like to download - town life stuff, design and high tech and medieval - though I think the design and high tech one might be the same as the High End Loft pack. Can you tell me how I go about installing these if they are not mentioned in the ultimate fix please ?

Thank you so much for your help.

Back to top Go down

Question about Ultimate Fix with new expansion packs Empty Re: Question about Ultimate Fix with new expansion packs

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 27 Jul 2011, 09:25

Hello,
Yes the ultimate fix will work with any base game. Switching to G4TW base game is recommended if you run into any issues with the game. This is because the fix and the G4TW expansions have all been tested with our own release of the base game so we can only guarantee they will work with each other, though several people are using a diffirent release of the base game with G4TW expansions without incident, including myself.

I'm not sure if this is true for expansionpacks, especially Generations and any future releases. It may be safest to use these from G4TW. I believe the fix requires the G4TW release of Generations.

Not installing EA downloadmanager is an old instruction that comes from the time The Sims 3 was just out. You can safely install it and you need it to update your game.

For your final question: All of the current expansion and stuffpacks are supported in the fix. Town life stuff hasn't been released by G4TW yet (stay tuned to the forum for that one though!) and The Sims Medieval is a stand alone game, not an expansionpack for The Sims 3. It can be downloaded from G4TW though and there's a fix for it as well. I have never heard of a "design and high tech" stuff pack.

I hope I have cleared things up for you, please let us know if I have and don't hesitate to post if you run into any problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Question about Ultimate Fix with new expansion packs Empty Re: Question about Ultimate Fix with new expansion packs

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 13:27

Thank you so much for your help. I'll go ahead with it all now and let you know how I get on.

Much Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 27 Jul 2011, 19:04

SuzieD wrote:Thank you so much for your help. I'll go ahead with it all now and let you know how I get on.

Much Thanks
Hello,

Yes, if you've got any more problems, please let us know here!

Ps. Yes, you'll need to install the EADM (Now renamed to Origin) in order to update the game, using the Fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 04:07

Sorry to be a nuisance, but just downloading the last of the expansion packs so I can install them all tomorrow. 2 more questions I need to ask tho.

Does the Sims Medieval have nothing to do with Sims 3 ? Is it a seperate game ?

Will I find the EADM (or Origin as it's now called) and the fix in the G4TW Downloads, or can I install it from the game somewhere along the line ?

Thanks again Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 28 Jul 2011, 09:05

Hello,
The option to install EADM will present itself as you install the base game.The fix can be found on the page with G4TW downloads, but you can click the link in my signature to get there quickly. When you start installing the game, take the time to read the instructions carefully, specifically those from the other link in my signature and the installationguide from the fix.

The Sims Medieval is a separate game. It has nothing to do with The Sims 3, but it can be amusing.

Don't worry about being a nuisance, you're not, we're here to try answering your questions, so if there's anything else, don't hesitate to post.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 09:51

There seems to be some confusion about the ultimate fix, and I guess I want to clarify things:

1. Do you need to make sure you install all other expansion/stuff packs that you are going to install (and in the correct sequence) before installing generations and the ultimate fix?
  2. Say you don't want Generations, but you want your base game to be up to date; how would you go about doing that exactly? Is that even possible? Would you have to install generations, then the ultimate fix for your base game, and then uninstall generations?
  3. I don't remember reading anything in the installation guide for the ultimate fix about Origin or the download manager. Where does that come in and what is the purpose?
  4. Why do mannequins make me nervous?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:23

Hello Anatra,
Again, you do not have to install all the expansionpacks in order before installing Generations. You can either install Generations first and then all of the other expansions in whichever order you like, or install everything in order (Favorlock has a guide in the "fixes(pc)" section)

What you're suggesting in question 2 isn't possible. The fix relies completely on the Generations crack so uninstalling Generations after applying the fix isn't going to work. Your game wont work. I'm not sure you can update the game without Generations. Not with the fix anyway, you'd need to crack the latest version of your base game after using the latest update. Patch 1.24 doesn't patch a whole lot of base game issues though, most of the fixes are for Generations.

Origin/EADM is needed to update your game. I don't think it's mentioned in the installationguide for the ultimate fix. I'm not sure that it is absolutely required to patch the game as my game seems unable to connect to it, and yet I have used the patch, I just had to fetch it somewhere else. In any case, you need the manager to update your game through the launcher.

As for question nr 4, I have no idea why they do Very Happy Maybe because they're always so freakishly thin Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 22:21

Hi Again Lady Eldi ! Re the above, I have already downloaded and installed SIMS 3 from another source, but i chose the option NOT to install download manager, as I was following old instructions that told me not to install this. Can I install it from somewhere else, or would you recommend starting again and installing your version of SIMS 3 ?

Also, since I havent installed any expansion packs/stuff yet, do I still need to drop the 2 files for each expansion, included in the ultimate fix ? As I read on another thread that if you havent already installed and cracked any expansion packs, you dont need to do this - just install the expansions as they are and crack Generations at the end. Is this correct, or am I getting confused ?

Thanks again

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top