Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 1.66 Manual Patch CRC Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 1.66 Manual Patch CRC Error Empty Sims 3 1.66 Manual Patch CRC Error

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2014, 03:25

When I try installing the patch it just says, "CRC error: The file C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game Data\Shared\Packages\DeltaBuild0.package doesn't match the fil in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor." And then I have the options to abort, retry, or ignore. What should I do?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 1.66 Manual Patch CRC Error Empty Re: Sims 3 1.66 Manual Patch CRC Error

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jan 2014, 03:33

14rose14 wrote:When I try installing the patch it just says, "CRC error: The file C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game Data\Shared\Packages\DeltaBuild0.package doesn't match the fil in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor." And then I have the options to abort, retry, or ignore. What should I do?

Hello,

You can try the option "retry", but usually this error means that you'll have to re-download the patch, possibly with another internet browser. And you shouldn't interrupt or pause the download either.

I hope this helps you !

P.S. Of course this can also happen if your internet connection was even briefly 'unstable' during the patch download, but still: there's no other option than re-downloading.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2014, 06:55

I have had this same problem when i downloaded the patch from chrome, i then re downloaded the patch from mozilla and am still having the same issue. I'm now unable to play my game. Is there any way this can be fixed because I don't want to uninstall everything just because of this patch error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2014, 08:23

hi there u can get it from kickass torrents go and search there for the manual patch

Censored

Moderator edit: even if it's just the manual patch, DO NOT post links to torrent sites please. This is not allowed here. Re-read the forum rules. Besides, there is nothing wrong with the manual patch available via the official links on here.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2014, 10:36

Hi,
"THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PATCH". I had the same issues. Here are the steps I took that helped.

1. After I received the CRC Error I aborted installation.

2. I applied The Ultimate Fix recently updated as  of 01/17/13. (BE SURE TO SKIP STEP 11)

3. I RE-DOWNLOADED MAUAL PATCH THROUGH INTERNET EXPLORER 11.  DOWNLOADED & INSTALLED PATCH PERFECTLY. ( with Chrome  &  Mozilla I kept getting CRC Error message)

4. Once Game Updated I Closed Out Of INSTALL WIZARD. (If Launcher and/or Game is open be sure to close them too.)

5. I APPLIED Crack Files from the #CRACK folder "WHICH IS DIRECTED IN STEP 13".

6. AFTER I APPLIED THE #CRACK  I STAYED INSIDE THE SIMS 3 BASE GAME FOLDER AND LAUNCHED THE  APPLICATION NAMED "TS3W.EXE".

7. I ENJOYED MY GAME!!!

BTW! RAZOR GAME BOOSTER WORKS WONDERS! YOU SHOULD CONSIDER DOWLOADING, BETTER GAME PLAY!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2014, 23:44

I reapplied the ultimate fix and the launcher says I'm updated to 1.66. The game starts fine, but when I get to the main menu to choose a world, it's all blank, no words or anything. Before it starts it says I have a different version than what is on my computer but I just click continue because it's happened before. What's left to do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 00:02

HI 14rose14,
NO WORRIES! FOLLOW THESE STEPS:

1.  RE-APPLY FIX FROM HERE:  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems (BE SURE TO SKIP STEP 11 IN THE FIX GUIDE) PLEASE!! SKIP STEP 11! ("IF YOU ARE APPLYING MANUAL PATCH YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO STEP 11".)  I KNOW YOU ARE SAYING TO YOUR SELF YOU ALREADY APPLIED FIX BUT TRUST ME APPLYING IT AGAIN HELPS.

2. ONCE GAME IS UPDATED FOLLOW STEPS 12 &13 IN ULTIMATE FIX GUIDE. (IN YOUR CASE YOUR GAME IS ALREADY UPDATED SO JUST  SKIP TO STEP 13.)

3. ONCE YOU HAVE APPLIED FINAL CRACK FROM THE #CRACK FOLDER  INTO THE SIMS 3 BASE GAME, STAY IN THE BASE GAME FOLDER AND LOCATE FILE  NAMED "TS3W.EXE OR "TS3" (EITHER ONE SHOULD WORK) NOW  DOUBLE CLICK TO LAUNCH GAME. ( YOU MAY WANT TO COPY AND PASTE IT TO DESKTOP TO HAVE EASIER ACCESS TO IT.)

"LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELP". GOOD LUCK!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 24 Jan 2014, 23:06

What language is your game installed in? This has been a persistent problem for games in languages other than English.

What Aphrodittee69 is suggesting is actually a decent guide as to how to fix this if it's not a language issue, and can be solved without a reinstall.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top