Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 stops working! Nothing Works?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 stops working! Nothing Works? Empty Sims 3 stops working! Nothing Works?

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2014, 18:46

Hi! I just want to tell you guys that my English isn't that good, but i hope you understand. 

I have some major problem with sims 3 and have been for a while, i have spent like over a billion more hours on research than on actually playing it. 
I have done everything that i have read on here and other places that says it will fix my crasch problem, but nothing works!
For like maybe a week it let me play for an hour without stop to work after i DEP my game. But now it don't work anymore.
Most of the time is when i'm taking pictures or changing the speed of the game, but it happens just so also. 

My computer is supposed to be able to play sims 3 and it was kinda expensive.

This feels like it's my last chance of getting help. I'm so frustrated.  Facepalm 
I've done EVERYTHING that you have listed but nothing is really fixing my problem.

So i'm praying now that this i really going to get me somewhere.

Is it something you need to know more, just let me know and i will try to answer it!

FUU!  FUU!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 stops working! Nothing Works? Empty Re: Sims 3 stops working! Nothing Works?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jan 2014, 19:29

emelikesu wrote:Hi! I just want to tell you guys that my English isn't that good, but i hope you understand. 

I have some major problem with sims 3 and have been for a while, i have spent like over a billion more hours on research than on actually playing it. 
I have done everything that i have read on here and other places that says it will fix my crasch problem, but nothing works!
For like maybe a week it let me play for an hour without stop to work after i DEP my game. But now it don't work anymore.
Most of the time is when i'm taking pictures or changing the speed of the game, but it happens just so also. 

My computer is supposed to be able to play sims 3 and it was kinda expensive.

This feels like it's my last chance of getting help. I'm so frustrated.  Facepalm 
I've done EVERYTHING that you have listed but nothing is really fixing my problem.

So i'm praying now that this i really going to get me somewhere.

Is it something you need to know more, just let me know and i will try to answer it!

FUU!  FUU!

Hello,

I hope you're using the LATEST manual patch along with the LATEST Ultimate fix ? In case of doubt, re-do the steps from 2 to 4 first: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

After that, have a look at this topic here and try all suggestions, if you haven't done so already:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014-updated

If your computer has at least 4 GB of RAM AND if your operating system is a 64-bit version, then focus on step #3. Download the "4 GB patch" and double-click it then. In the next window, navigate to your base game location and choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. After the .exe has been "patched", close the patcher.

Good luck and keep us updated !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 stops working! Nothing Works? Empty Re: Sims 3 stops working! Nothing Works?

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2014, 22:43

Im now trying to update my game through that link and not the launcher, but i dont know how to update? 
Im clicking on the file but then it comes a pop up that say something like: ''Update of The sims 3 cant continue because of program that is associated L is running. Close this program before you try to update WIJHI'' and some random letters i dont know how to do..
I have closed all my programs i have open but i comes again. Do i need to update the game this way or can i do it trough the launcher?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jan 2014, 22:49

emelikesu wrote:Im now trying to update my game through that link and not the launcher, but i dont know how to update? 
Im clicking on the file but then it comes a pop up that say something like: ''Update of The sims 3 cant continue because of program that is associated L is running. Close this program before you try to update WIJHI'' and some random letters i dont know how to do..
I have closed all my programs i have open but i comes again. Do i need to update the game this way or can i do it trough the launcher?

If you downloaded that 1.66 manual patch, you should double-click on it to run the update.

If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure. Are you sure the download is complete ? And If you have the Sims 3 launcher open, can you close the launcher and try again ?

Also, if you have Windows Vista or later, can you right-click on the patch and choose "run as Administrator" ?

You might even re-boot the computer and then try the patch again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2014, 23:02

Finally after double-clicking on it for a while and getting the same message over and over again it just worked know and is updating! 

Ohh, just when i was about to click ''send'' this happend: CRC-error File C:Program files/EA/TS3/shared/packages/DeltaBuild0.package does not match the file in the installation .cab file.. The medium ( This is on swedish and dont know if it is the right word'' you drive the installation from can be damaged. Contact the program provider. 

Abort, retry or ignore?

Should i just ignore this? Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jan 2014, 23:14

emelikesu wrote:Finally after double-clicking on it for a while and getting the same message over and over again it just worked know and is updating! 

Ohh, just when i was about to click ''send'' this happend: CRC-error File C:Program files/EA/TS3/shared/packages/DeltaBuild0.package does not match the file in the installation .cab file.. The medium ( This is on swedish and dont know if it is the right word'' you drive the installation from can be damaged. Contact the program provider. 

Abort, retry or ignore?

Should i just ignore this? Mad

You can "retry", but this error usually means that something went wrong during the download. Maybe you'll have to try re-downloading, possibly with another internet browser.

Plus, you shouldn't pause or interrupt the download. Keep in mind that even if you didn't pause/interrupt it, the download might get corrupted if your internet connection is what I call 'unstable'. In all these cases, you'll have to re-download, I'm afraid.

P.S. It's "enough" for a download to get corrupted even if the internet connection just "gives up" very briefly.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2014, 23:18

Oh okay.. And this toked me over 2 hours to download so i guess i should just start again then  Wat.  
But thank you! I come back when i have downloaded it again and something i going wrong!   Smile

I Downlaoded it again, but same thing happend. During this download i didnt to anything else than have the download page up..
Uhh.. Facepalm 
Do i need to update the game this way?

//EDIT

Okay now im kinda lost.
Do i need to uninstall all my games and install them again before i do this? So thats why it don't work for me or is it something else?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Jan 2014, 19:33

emelikesu wrote:Oh okay.. And this toked me over 2 hours to download so i guess i should just start again then  Wat.  
But thank you! I come back when i have downloaded it again and something i going wrong!   Smile

I Downlaoded it again, but same thing happend. During this download i didnt to anything else than have the download page up..
Uhh.. Facepalm 
Do i need to update the game this way?

//EDIT

Okay now im kinda lost.
Do i need to uninstall all my games and install them again before i do this? So thats why it don't work for me or is it something else?

Did you download the patch from the "MEGA"-link ? If yes, did you try extracting it with WinRAR ?

The Admin just updated the MEGA-link, so that there is now the patch itself (in .exe-format), not a .RAR file anymore.

If you downloaded from the other link, then I'm clueless. If you want, you can try updating with the Sims 3 launcher. But then, you need to download the latest Ultimate fix here and follow ALL steps in the included instructions (a .pdf file) !

Good luck !

P.S. And please use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to add anything to your original message, instead of double-posting.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top