Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims stops working, nothing works only makes it worse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims stops working, nothing works only makes it worse Empty Sims stops working, nothing works only makes it worse

Post by Guest Sun 23 Feb 2014, 14:44

Hello, i feel like i totally spam this site with my problems with sims but my old treads no one answers to anymore so.. 

My sims stops working and i have tried everything, i have used to 4GB cheat,no cc, dep, ultimate fix, mods to control the game more.. But nothing works! It have actually only makes my game worse and it crashing more and more! Before i could actually do a sim in CAS ( It only crashed like 7 of 10 times) but now it crashes everytime, yesterday i tried over 20 times to make a sim and one time i came to clothes but then i crash..

So, should i just give up playing sims..?

I have Windows 7. 

I have this computer: http://www.speldatorn.se/cgi-bin/produkter.pl?falt=6&varde=bulldozer-x6-1&mall=mall_vara_stationara.html

Its a swedish site, but maybe you can still se what i have.

EDIT: I tested Canyourunit and it says i have these spec:

You Have: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor
You Have: 3.6 GHz Performance Rated at: 10.8 GHz

RAM: You Have: 3.3 GB
Video Card: You Have: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

[th]Required[/th][th]You Have[/th]
Sims stops working, nothing works only makes it worse Green_checkmark_smallVideo RAM128 MB3.4 GB
Sims stops working, nothing works only makes it worse Green_checkmark_smallPixel Shader version2.05.0
Free disk space: You Have: 763.2 GB

Back to top Go down

Sims stops working, nothing works only makes it worse Empty Re: Sims stops working, nothing works only makes it worse

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 26 Feb 2014, 19:21

emelikesu wrote:Hello, i feel like i totally spam this site with my problems with sims but my old treads no one answers to anymore so.. 

My sims stops working and i have tried everything, i have used to 4GB cheat,no cc, dep, ultimate fix, mods to control the game more.. But nothing works! It have actually only makes my game worse and it crashing more and more! Before i could actually do a sim in CAS ( It only crashed like 7 of 10 times) but now it crashes everytime, yesterday i tried over 20 times to make a sim and one time i came to clothes but then i crash..

So, should i just give up playing sims..?

I have Windows 7. 

I have this computer: http://www.speldatorn.se/cgi-bin/produkter.pl?falt=6&varde=bulldozer-x6-1&mall=mall_vara_stationara.html

Its a swedish site, but maybe you can still se what i have.

EDIT: I tested Canyourunit and it says i have these spec:

You Have: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor
You Have: 3.6 GHz Performance Rated at: 10.8 GHz

RAM: You Have: 3.3 GB
Video Card: You Have: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

[th]Required[/th][th]You Have[/th]
Sims stops working, nothing works only makes it worse Green_checkmark_smallVideo RAM128 MB[b][b][b]3.4 GB[/b][/b][/b]
Sims stops working, nothing works only makes it worse Green_checkmark_smallPixel Shader version2.0[b][b][b]5.0[/b][/b][/b]
Free disk space: You Have: 763.2 GB

Hello,

I'm sorry that nobody seemingly (?) replied to you before, but keep in mind that currently, there aren't that many active Helpers/Mods on here (anymore). If you don't get any answer after 24 hours of posting your topic here, feel free to PM one of the (active) Helpers/Mods.

Now, have another  look at this here and do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

I'm nor sure if you did all the steps correctly, but it never hurts to look twice at this. If your Windows is 64-bit AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is 32-bit and if your computer has less than 4 GB of RAM. I'm not sure, you posted you have 3.3 GB of RAM ? In that case, the 4 GB patch wouldn't help (leave out that step then).

Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Also, try starting the game from the TS3W.exe in your base game location, usually C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Make a shortcut to the desktop from that TS3W.exe file. Then, right-click on the shortcut and choose "run as Administartor". Play on for a while - does that make any difference in gameplay ?

Re-start the game then. Good luck and keep us posted ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top