Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lots with custom content. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

lots with custom content. [SOLVED] Empty lots with custom content. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 10:47

hello hiiii

i just reinstalled the entire collection of sims games for the nth time onto my computer and i'm really trying very hard to avoid having any bad cc's in my game. i've figure out a way to remove unwanted custom content that may come with a sim using custard so i was wondering if there was a way to do the same with lots? like i just want to keep the house without any of the custom content (if possible) or even just download them and have them replaced by default items from the game itself.

i know there are lots of houses that are "cc free" but let us all be honest there are some dope houses out there filled with lots of custom content that can cause issues with the game and that makes me a sad noodle.

i might try using custard to do it but from my experience (which was like a day) whenever i remove too much of the stuff in the file it tells me it's like invalid or something. but yeah. thanks for reading this hopefully someone can help me out!

thank you!

Back to top Go down

lots with custom content. [SOLVED] Empty Re: lots with custom content. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Fri 24 Jan 2014, 23:27

Sadly, as far as I know, the only tool out there for removing that cc is custard. 

If you really like a house, and it has a lot of cc, what you could do is backup your sims 3 folder (In documents), install it into your game. Open a new world, and place it, then go through and remove the cc from it, and save it in your bin. Then you uninstall the original that had all the cc, clear your caches, and get to keep the awesome house. And if anything sticks in your game, you have your backup to go back to. I've done this with a few different lots, and only had one thing end up sticking, and I liked it so I ended up leaving it in my game anyways. Smile

P.S. Your signature really is quite distracting. I love it.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2014, 13:19

hi hello 

it somehow miraculously went pretty well for me. at first i got a difficult idea from your much easier suggestion so i don't know why i still did what i did (i might be being too careful. no one has to know.)

anyway

what i did was i used custard on the lot/house like how i would use it when dissecting a sim and then made another user on my computer and then installed the edited/fixed file into the game. surprisingly went well and there were no signs of unwanted cc's at all. after that i just installed the cc into my real game and that was it. i now how a pretty dope house to live in and am still free of life destroying cc's. how great is that.

anyway

thank you for the help and have a good night!!  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 26 Jan 2014, 14:16

fantasticbaby wrote:

hi hello 

it somehow miraculously went pretty well for me. at first i got a difficult idea from your much easier suggestion so i don't know why i still did what i did (i might be being too careful. no one has to know.)

anyway

what i did was i used custard on the lot/house like how i would use it when dissecting a sim and then made another user on my computer and then installed the edited/fixed file into the game. surprisingly went well and there were no signs of unwanted cc's at all. after that i just installed the cc into my real game and that was it. i now how a pretty dope house to live in and am still free of life destroying cc's. how great is that.

anyway

thank you for the help and have a good night!!  Very Happy 

You can also delete any unwanted CC, and then export the lot alone. That way, you can install the lot on any computers you want, instead of going through the hassle of moving all the files from the library.

Do you need any further assistance before closing the topic?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down