Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incompatible with Custom Content? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Incompatible with Custom Content? [SOLVED] Empty Incompatible with Custom Content? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 12:13

My game is working wonderfully, save for the problem that, previous to the last patch, none of my custom content in .package format was showing up in game. After the latest patch, the game won't even run with my packages folder in it. It freezes before it even starts, on a black screen. The game launcher also refuses to install sims3pack format CC in the same way.
I have removed the offending folder, and it is working as it did previously but I really, really, really, really, really want my CC back. I have so much cool stuff in there... Sad

I'm too scared to experiment because the sims 3 has a habit of breaking if you even look at it funny, but perhaps uninstalling Generations would fix it? If I were to do this, would I simply use the Crack for Late Night in the main game bin?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Back to top Go down

Incompatible with Custom Content? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Incompatible with Custom Content? [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 14 Jun 2011, 14:07

Did you have the folder with your packages in your "my documents/electronic arts/the sims3"?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Incompatible with Custom Content? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Incompatible with Custom Content? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 14:33

Yes, I'm using the new framework. I also cleared the history of my legitimate copy of the basegame from my computer. I've gone through most of the usual troubleshooting. Tried my packages folder with just the nointro hack (didn't work). Gone through my .package files with Dashboard. Compressorised and decrapified my sims3packs.
I've been a busy girl, and so far, no joy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 14 Jun 2011, 15:40

TheLadyintheRadiator wrote:My game is working wonderfully, save for the problem that, previous to the last patch, none of my custom content in .package format was showing up in game. After the latest patch, the game won't even run with my packages folder in it. It freezes before it even starts, on a black screen. The game launcher also refuses to install sims3pack format CC in the same way.
I have removed the offending folder, and it is working as it did previously but I really, really, really, really, really want my CC back. I have so much cool stuff in there... Sad

I'm too scared to experiment because the sims 3 has a habit of breaking if you even look at it funny, but perhaps uninstalling Generations would fix it? If I were to do this, would I simply use the Crack for Late Night in the main game bin?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Hi there,

Try this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-8-06-2011
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 16:01

I really want to give this a try, but I'm on XP. Is it basically the same or will I need a separate set of instructions (or should I just get windows 7)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 14 Jun 2011, 16:13

TheLadyintheRadiator wrote:

I really want to give this a try, but I'm on XP. Is it basically the same or will I need a separate set of instructions (or should I just get windows 7)?
Hello,

I'm not sure if XP has DEP, but you could try the Vista way and see if it works.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 23:59

Okay, it does, I've tried it, it hasn't made any difference.

Should I try doing a new clean uninstall/reinstall?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 15 Jun 2011, 15:04

Hello,

Well, Custom Content is notorious for breaking the game. I recommend you uninstall / delete all the mods / CC you added to the game and then try again.
If that didn't work, you'll have to reinstall without the mods.

You got the problem after applying the mods/CC, right?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 16:38

Yes, but I've got a tool for finding corrupted/conflicting CC and it says it's all fine. In fact, I ran it with just one simple, harmless test mod in the packages folder (the nointo mod, this method was recommended on another forum) and it was behaving the same. Many people are having no problems with CC at all and I wouldn't be interested in the game without it.

//EDIT

Please, someone help me out.
I just uninstalled and reinstalled everything.

It still freezes when my Mods folder is there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 06:04

Do you perchance have any core mods or heavy mods? If a certain mod is outdated it can mess up a game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 18:09

Just Awesome mod, latest version.

hhhokay. I re-downloaded the framework and it started working again (imagine my glee as I open it and the nointro hack actually works). I've been popping a couple more .package files in each time and it's still working. Now I'm getting horrible lag but hey, most people have that. Going to combine them into a couple of single packages and use sims3packs as much as I can. Unless anyone has any more tips and suggestions I'm happy to say this is solved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 22 Jun 2011, 21:23

TheLadyintheRadiator wrote:Just Awesome mod, latest version.

hhhokay. I re-downloaded the framework and it started working again (imagine my glee as I open it and the nointro hack actually works). I've been popping a couple more .package files in each time and it's still working. Now I'm getting horrible lag but hey, most people have that. Going to combine them into a couple of single packages and use sims3packs as much as I can. Unless anyone has any more tips and suggestions I'm happy to say this is solved.
Hello,

No, then I guess you're good. If you can make a topic for what you did in the "Fixes" -area on the Forum, you could help your future mates fixing the same problem.
For now, have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top