Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have no game file to put expansions in?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have no game file to put expansions in? Empty I have no game file to put expansions in?

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 04:29

I recently bought the Sims 3 with the Dragon Valley expansion, (maybe not expansion but whatever it is I have it), I decided I really wanted the Supernaturals one as well. What's cooler than a fairy with dragons?!?! I know, I'm a nerd... Either way, I completely screwed up my game, can't even play it now. I searched the forums and didn't find anything, so if this had already been answered, my bad. I have the Sims 3 bonus edition, not sure if that's relevant. Either way, the instructions tell you to put it in the game/bin folder, I have no game folder. When I go into the Sims 3 it just doesn't exist. Now while I may not be technology impaired, it's not exactly like it's my strong suit either. I messed around for awhile and no folder that I thought made sense would work. Please help, I just want to play my game. =(

Back to top Go down

I have no game file to put expansions in? Empty Re: I have no game file to put expansions in?

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 06:01

aflekool427 wrote:I recently bought the Sims 3 with the Dragon Valley expansion, (maybe not expansion but whatever it is I have it), I decided I really wanted the Supernaturals one as well. What's cooler than a fairy with dragons?!?! I know, I'm a nerd... Either way, I completely screwed up my game, can't even play it now. I searched the forums and didn't find anything, so if this had already been answered, my bad. I have the Sims 3 bonus edition, not sure if that's relevant. Either way, the instructions tell you to put it in the game/bin folder, I have no game folder. When I go into the Sims 3 it just doesn't exist. Now while I may not be technology impaired, it's not exactly like it's my strong suit either. I messed around for awhile and no folder that I thought made sense would work. Please help, I just want to play my game. =(
hi there dragon valley is not an expansion it is a neighbourhood.and you mean there doesnt exist game/bin folder for you?

Back to top Go down

I have no game file to put expansions in? Empty Re: I have no game file to put expansions in?

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 09:33

Where did you get the base game from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 09:34

Like I said, wasn't sure if it was an expansion or not, but I have dragons so I didn't question it. When I go into the Sims file there isn't even a game folder, so that obviously makes it impossible to get to the bin file. I'm seriously confused by it, I feel like it should be there. I mean, when I say I'm not great with computers, I'm still the person all my friends ask, I just know my knowledge isn't fantastic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 09:35

I actually have the disk, legitimately purchased and all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 09:42

So no Origin? No Steam?
And your C:\Progrem Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin folder does not exist?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 09:46

I've registered with Origin, my boyfriend installed it for me and he just did it automatically. But the file just isn't there, I go into the program file/ electronic arts and go to the sims and it just doesn't exist. It's the weirdest thing. Is there any other folder I can put it in?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 09:59

You can try C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, if it is an Origin game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top