Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Select Other Sims Since New Patch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't Select Other Sims Since New Patch Empty Can't Select Other Sims Since New Patch

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jan 2014, 22:30

This is pretty much my exact problem  Censored  I have tried removing cc/mods and also re-installing the patch and the game and nothing has worked thus far. Any ideas? :\

Back to top Go down

Can't Select Other Sims Since New Patch Empty Re: Can't Select Other Sims Since New Patch

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jan 2014, 23:55

Please no outside links!
Please explain your problem in more details.

Back to top Go down

Can't Select Other Sims Since New Patch Empty Re: Can't Select Other Sims Since New Patch

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2014, 02:05

My link was to the sims 3 forums so I don't understand why that would be disallowed. Anyway, basically when I load up my sims game my sim's avatar isnt there and I can't select him, go to his mood meters or anything. I've tried playing with my mods off, reinstalling the new update and reapplying the crack, and even reinstalling the whole game and it doesn't fix the problem. It's happening with every game I try... any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 22 Jan 2014, 09:34

Fruityloopz wrote:My link was to the sims 3 forums so I don't understand why that would be disallowed. Anyway, basically when I load up my sims game my sim's avatar isnt there and I can't select him, go to his mood meters or anything. I've tried playing with my mods off, reinstalling the new update and reapplying the crack, and even reinstalling the whole game and it doesn't fix the problem. It's happening with every game I try... any suggestions?

Hello,

Joining our forum means that you conform to the rules of our forum. In case you haven't read them, I will quote here:

Forum rules wrote:6. No outside links - Any links to content that has not been pre-approved by a member of our team will be censored. We don't want anyone to get in trouble after downloading something at our Forum and we will not take responsibility for downloads we haven't had a chance to review. This includes, but is not limited to torrents and .Sims3pack files. Genuine software (like GameBooster, drivers, etc.) is permitted, as well as content from Nraas, MATY and Modthesims. We would ask that you post a link to a page rather than a direct download link though, so users can review the material before deciding to download it.

I am not sure what link Shamrock has censored but if it is not from official The Sims 3 forum (aka http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/list.page?rnd=0.43520059507714937), then it is not allowed.

Anyhow, can you post a screenshot showing the problem?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2014, 19:46

The link I posted was from the sims 3 forums, so I assumed it would be okay to repost here considering it explained my problem to a tee. I'd repost it again, but I don't want to get censored and banned or something for it. Anyway, here's a screenshot of my problem:

Can't Select Other Sims Since New Patch I4nd

Edit: I tried starting a new game with a new sim and she appears fine. I'm wondering if updating to the new patch just borked all of my old saves. Great. ;u;
EditEdit: Annnd then saving the game and then going back to it borked her too. Strange. I have no idea anymore, lol

Last edited by Fruityloopz on Wed 22 Jan 2014, 20:00; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : new information)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 23 Jan 2014, 06:07

Hello,

I am starting to suspect some of your Custom Content/Mods are incompatible with your game, and thus after removing them, they might already corrupt files/caches of the game. Regardless of whether or not this is true, can you try clearing scriptcache.package in (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and restart the game again?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 06:01

I tried running my game without custom content and taking out all of my mods and it still didnt work, but sure let me try clearing that cache.

Edit: Nope, still borked.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 24 Jan 2014, 17:29

Fruityloopz wrote:I tried running my game without custom content and taking out all of my mods and it still didnt work, but sure let me try clearing that cache.

Edit: Nope, still borked.

Hello,

You can try renaming the folder (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and try again with a new save (You will lose all the Custom Content & Mods).

Now does the bug vanish or persist again?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 05:36

Interesting... generating a new folder worked. What does that mean? :\ Like I said earlier, I already tried all my mods. I have no idea why it shouldn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 09:34

This means you have a mod or custom content that is out of date and conflicts with your game.
Please make sure to update them all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 01:57

I have already established that my cc and mods aren't the problem. I have tried running my game without cc and taking out all my mods, and the problem still persists, and yet taking out the whole folder changes it. I'm thinking it's perhaps one of my caches. If there's any other ideas input would be nice though. I'll keep everyone updated...

Edit: I don't know what happened but it seems like my saves are corrupt. My new saves are working fine again, but the old ones are the same. So far the problem is fixed. I'll post more if it comes back again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top