Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet Another Sims 3 error - be kind? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yet Another Sims 3 error - be kind? [SOLVED] Empty Yet Another Sims 3 error - be kind? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 06:47

I’ve downloaded The Sims 3 and the following expansion packs :

- High-End Loft Stuff
- Fast Lane Stuff
- Generations

And I’ve followed the latest Ultimate Fix from this website, which means I installed the Base Game, then High-End, then Fast Lane, then Generations, and replaced the files as it says me to do in the Ultimate Fix Installation Guide, but when I get to step 11 that says :

"11. Now, open the The Sims 3 launcher and navigate to the "Update" -tab. Choose "Refresh". If a new update is shown, install it."

The launcher gives me the new update message, actually starts updating, and gets to a point where EA Proxy something opens up, and starts installing something, only to get me to the following error message : “Update Error : Invalid File Found” (this happens exactly when the installer gets to TS3.exe I think)

And the game fails to update... and continues to give me the message “Your base game is incompatible with the expansion pack bla bla bla..”

(I’m on windows 7)

If you wish, I can add a print screen of the error message.

So.. how should I proceed ???

Thanks, Lucas.

Back to top Go down

Yet Another Sims 3 error - be kind? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Yet Another Sims 3 error - be kind? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 07:11

Might be because U didn't read. it goes base, then Generations then all other expantion packs, then crack.

Did you use the Ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Yet Another Sims 3 error - be kind? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Yet Another Sims 3 error - be kind? [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:52

lucaspon wrote:I’ve downloaded The Sims 3 and the following expansion packs :

- High-End Loft Stuff
- Fast Lane Stuff
- Generations

And I’ve followed the latest Ultimate Fix from this website, which means I installed the Base Game, then High-End, then Fast Lane, then Generations, and replaced the files as it says me to do in the Ultimate Fix Installation Guide, but when I get to step 11 that says :

"11. Now, open the The Sims 3 launcher and navigate to the "Update" -tab. Choose "Refresh". If a new update is shown, install it."

The launcher gives me the new update message, actually starts updating, and gets to a point where EA Proxy something opens up, and starts installing something, only to get me to the following error message : “Update Error : Invalid File Found” (this happens exactly when the installer gets to TS3.exe I think)

And the game fails to update... and continues to give me the message “Your base game is incompatible with the expansion pack bla bla bla..”

(I’m on windows 7)

If you wish, I can add a print screen of the error message.

So.. how should I proceed ???

Thanks, Lucas.
Hello,

Please post a screenshot of where you copied the Generations' original files to.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 18:22

Original files ?? they're installed automatically, I didn't copy anything..

I'm gonna try once more, reinstall everything like CodeDen said..

Be right back--

//EDIT

I just finished doing what CodeDen said, and following the Ultimate Fix, and I'm proud to say it's working now, thank you very much for the support. =]

Admin edit: You're welcome. Problem solved, topic closed.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top