Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Island Paradise, not launching and launcher error : Error During Startup. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Island Paradise, not launching and launcher error : Error During Startup. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Island Paradise, not launching and launcher error : Error During Startup. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 15:26

EDIT: I FIXED MY PROBLEM BY REINSTALLING! THANK YOU AND PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC Smile 

Another expansion, another problem.

So after having quite a few problems updating the game to install Island Paradise and then finally fixing it I've encountered another problem. It is really similar (I can say exactly the same problem) to one of previous my topic, the problem started when I updated and I got it fixed, and now the thread is locked. ( https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t10573-error-during-startup-solved )

So Admin answered my topic. And provided me with this LINK
The program worked perfect back then and fixed my problem. But now since Mediafire is down and the program isn't up-to-date. I need something else to fix my problem.

As I said the problem is exactly the same but still a LITTLE bit different. I do still get the Error During Startup error when trying to open the launcher.
So I tried launching the game directly by bypassing the launcher by opening and ''launching'' the game though TS3W.exe
The first time it gave me the 0x175dcbb error.
Then I fixed that error by applying Ultimate Fix and tried launching again.
Now it shows nothing. Just desktop. Nothing changed nor the cursor, nothing.

I tried rebooting and launching again, same.
Also I tried fixing the Error During Startup by following Admin's video posted in the forum.
The thing was that I didn't uninstall or reinstall anything.
I had all the registry keys and didn't had any that I didn't have an expansion of...
( Please don't mind my bad English. )
I hope I can fix this without reinstalling everything.
Also, no mods installed..

//EDIT4 The computer works fine now, just takes a bit longer to start all the programs on start-up.

Last edited by Deealau on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 21:12; edited 11 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Island Paradise, not launching and launcher error : Error During Startup. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Island Paradise, not launching and launcher error : Error During Startup. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Jul 2013, 19:35

Hello Deealau,

Have you already tried renaming or removing your "The Sims 3" folder ? You will find it in My Documents/Electronic Arts. After that start the game and see if it changed anything.

What about your graphics drivers ? Are they up-to-date ?

And you are saying that you play on a laptop ? Keep in mind, that they are not made for gaming, in the first place.  Crying or Very sad  But again, this is not a reason to lose hope, at least not at this point.

One more thing: as you have seen, we have lots of new users on here, and we Helpers try to be online as often as we can. Please try to be a bit patient.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Island Paradise, not launching and launcher error : Error During Startup. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Island Paradise, not launching and launcher error : Error During Startup. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 19:52

Carlos G. wrote:Hello Deealau,

Have you already tried renaming or removing your "The Sims 3" folder ? You will find it in My Documents/Electronic Arts. After that start the game and see if it changed anything.

What about your graphics drivers ? Are they up-to-date ?

And you are saying that you play on a laptop ? Keep in mind, that they are not made for gaming, in the first place.  Crying or Very sad  But again, this is not a reason to lose hope, at least not at this point.

One more thing: as you have seen, we have lots of new users on here, and we Helpers try to be online as often as we can. Please try to be a bit patient.
//EDIT
 I renamed The Sims 3 folder in Documents/Electronic Arts and nothing changed. But there's another thing that I observed.
 I launched Task Manager and clicked on Processes, when I launched TS3W.exe it would should up in the list, but after 2 seconds it would disappear from the list. I tried multiple times, the same.

----------------------------------
 No, I haven't but ill give it a try.

Yes, my graphics drivers are up to date, just updated, yesterday.

Nope, I'm not playing on a laptop.

Sorry about that, I was just very excited to play Island Paradise, counted off the days, really, and now all my dreams are shattered. pale 

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 02 Jul 2013, 18:35

If you uninstall IP, does the game start working again?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 07:50

invalidusername wrote:If you uninstall IP, does the game start working again?

Hello,
I tried uninstalling IP, and no it doesn't work.
I also tried replacing the Ultimate Fix with the Crack ( which I should've done before )
and it showed me the 0x0175dcbb error, again, that means Ultimate Fix fixed it...

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 03 Jul 2013, 09:31

Deealau wrote:
invalidusername wrote:If you uninstall IP, does the game start working again?

Hello,
I tried uninstalling IP, and no it doesn't work.
I also tried replacing the Ultimate Fix with the Crack ( which I should've done before )
and it showed me the 0x0175dcbb error, again, that means Ultimate Fix fixed it...

Hello,

Can you try the following?

(1) Open your notepad and copy-paste these and follow the instruction in it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3]
"Country"="US"
"SKU"=dword:0000000x {change x with your region code. 2 means US, 7 means worldwide}
"DisplayName"="The Sims 3"
"Install Dir"="%InstallDir%" {change %InstallDir% with your installed Sims 3 directory path, add another \ after \}
"Locale"="en-US"
"Telemetry"=dword:00000001
"InstallStart"=dword:00000000

(2) Delete the instructions (the steps beneath the above commands, words in {} can also be erased.)
(3) Click File >> Save
(4) Save it as sims3.reg
(5) Double-click sims3.reg and click OK if any warnings pops up.

(6) Restart the computer and launch the game.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 17:33

cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Can you try the following?

(1) Open your notepad and copy-paste these and follow the instruction in it:

"Country"="US"
"SKU"=dword:0000000x {change x with your region code. 2 means US, 7 means worldwide}
"Install Dir"="%InstallDir%" {change %InstallDir% with your installed Sims 3 directory path, add another \ after \}
"Locale"="en-US"

(2) Delete the instructions (the steps beneath the above commands, words in {} can also be erased.)
(3) Click File >> Save
(4) Save it as sims3.reg
(5) Double-click sims3.reg and click OK if any warnings pops up.

(6) Restart the computer and launch the game.
Hi, I tried doing what you said and this is what happened:
If I have crack applied it gives me the 0x0175dcbb error.
If I have Ultimate Fix applied the TS3W.exe shows up in Task Manager/Processes for a minute or two and then disappears again. ( It's not 2/3 Seconds anymore. )
Launcher gives Error during startup.

This is what I typed in notepad ( I saved it as sims3.reg, opened it, clicked OK, restarted. ) :

"Country"="US"
"SKU"=dword:00000007
"Install Dir"="E:\\Electronic Arts\\The Sims 3"
"Locale"="en-US"

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Jul 2013, 21:28

Hello Deealau,

If you still get the "Service initialization failure 0x017...", and you correctly applied the Ultimate fix, then the only realistic solution left is to un-install everything - and re-install after that.

You could for example do the un-installing manually: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Or you could use a good un-install program, like "REVO Uninstaller" (maybe you can find that on Piratebay).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 21:30

Carlos G. wrote:Hello Deealau,

If you still get the "Service initialization failure 0x017...", and you correctly applied the Ultimate fix, then the only realistic solution left is to un-install everything - and re-install after that.

You could for example do the un-installing manually: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Or you could use a good un-install program, like "REVO Uninstaller" (maybe you can find that on Piratebay).

Oh alright, I hoped I wouldn't need to un-install but looks like I have no choice. Crying or Very sad
 Anyway, I'll edit this post if everything works fine after the re-installation.

EDIT: I reinstalled, everything works fine now.

//SOLVED
//LOCKED
Shamrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top