Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Sims 3 Town Life Stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Sims 3 Town Life Stuff Empty New Sims 3 Town Life Stuff

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2011, 01:37

Very grateful to Admin for updating the fix for this so quickly - I assume the 'latest fix' replaces the 'ultimate fix' to include the new Town Life expansion pack ?

I cant seem to get to the bottom of a question though ..

If I install the Town Life first, then install the expansion packs that I want - the instructions in the 'fix' tell you, for each expansion pack you have installed, to drop the 2 files into the relevant folder for each pack, then apply the crack for the latest expansion pack only (which would be Town Life). But the new instructions for Town Life just tell you to install the expansions and then crack Town Life at the end. Am I still supposed to copy the 2 files for each expansion into the folders ? Or do I skip that and just install the expansion as it is, then move on to the next one and crack Town life at the end ?

Also, as mentioned previously, I installed sims 3 from another source, which told me NOT to install Download Manager, so I dont have it. Can I install this seperately, or would you recommend starting again, using the G4TW version of Sims 3 ?

Thanks again for any support Smile

Back to top Go down

New Sims 3 Town Life Stuff Empty Re: New Sims 3 Town Life Stuff

Post by Admin Fri 29 Jul 2011, 01:47

Hello,

No, you can safely install the EADM. It's needed in order to update to the latest version.
Just install the games like you'd do usually. (Follow the included instructions)
When done with that, just apply the Ultimate Fix and follow all the instructions included. Those instructions are up-to-date, so don't worry about any mistakes in it.

Please let me know if you've got any more problems / questions!

Ps. Yes, the Ultimate Fix is updated so it's now also compatible with the new Town Life Stuff expansion!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2011, 01:59

Thanks for that ... so I DO drop the 2 TS files in for each expansion pack.

Do I need to download EA Download manager from somewhere and install it, since I didnt install it when installing the base Sims 3 ? or will it give me the opportunity to install it again, as I'm installing the new expansion packs etc ?

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 29 Jul 2011, 02:46

SuzieD wrote:Thanks for that ... so I DO drop the 2 TS files in for each expansion pack.

Do I need to download EA Download manager from somewhere and install it, since I didnt install it when installing the base Sims 3 ? or will it give me the opportunity to install it again, as I'm installing the new expansion packs etc ?

Thanks
Hello,

Yes, you do. (Only for the ones you have installed, of course)
You can also download it manually via Google. It's called Origin know.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male