Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invisible Sims, Warped Pets, and some text missing! Never seen this before

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Invisible Sims, Warped Pets, and some text missing! Never seen this before Empty Invisible Sims, Warped Pets, and some text missing! Never seen this before

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2014, 21:56

Hi there, I've installed all the EP's and SP's apart from Island Paradise, Movie Stuff and Into the Future, onto my friends laptop. I have the same games installed on my pc all works and never have I came across this problem I have the exact problems as this person https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2394-sims-3-invisible-sims had.

I've read and followed https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly, I've updated the laptops graphic card, scanned for viruses, applied the ultimate fix, updated the game and it's all still the same, I've done a search and I can't find any solutions to my problem I hope someone can help, my friend is missing her laptop, but really wants to be able to play Sims Smile.

I hope someone can help thank you Smile x x x

Back to top Go down

Invisible Sims, Warped Pets, and some text missing! Never seen this before Empty Re: Invisible Sims, Warped Pets, and some text missing! Never seen this before

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 00:09

Please try to reset your sim: press Ctrl+Shift+C, then type resetSim Marc John where Marc John is the name of your sim.
Otherwise, try to make him take a bath or a bubble shower. Or to change his clothes.
Otherwise, evict him then put him back into your house.
Hope this helps...

Back to top Go down

Invisible Sims, Warped Pets, and some text missing! Never seen this before Empty Re: Invisible Sims, Warped Pets, and some text missing! Never seen this before

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 21:31

I haven't created a sim, because I can't see Sims to create sims so I donno how I'd reset my sim if I haven't created one :/

Moderator edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) in-game problems".

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 07 Feb 2014, 22:07

Kurori-Ice wrote:I haven't created a sim, because I can't see Sims to create sims so I donno how I'd reset my sim if I haven't created one :/

Hello,

Try this: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like. Just change the name of the folder. This will (temporarily) remove your savefiles, caches, and any mods/CC items.

Re-start the game, make a new save (for now) and play on for a while. See if those glitches are still there.

If the glitches are gone, let us know too; maybe we can put back in your old savefiles. Good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Feb 2014, 19:46

Carlos wrote:
Kurori-Ice wrote:I haven't created a sim, because I can't see Sims to create sims so I donno how I'd reset my sim if I haven't created one WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hello,

Try this: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like. Just change the name of the folder. This will (temporarily) remove your savefiles, caches, and any mods/CC items.

Re-start the game, make a new save (for now) and play on for a while. See if those glitches are still there.

If the glitches are gone, let us know too; maybe we can put back in your old savefiles. Good luck for now !

I've just tried this and it's still the same no different Sad x x x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 11 Feb 2014, 23:13

Kurori-Ice wrote:
I've just tried this and it's still the same no different Sad x x x

In that case, there aren't many explanations left then.

You may try un-installing your Sims 3 base game (only !), via the system control panel. Re-boot your computer then.

And after that, re-install your base game.

At the end, repeat the steps from #2 to #4 here (please, follow these steps as precisely as possible): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And if you still get the "no text" glitch, also have a look at this topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix

Good luck again - but now, I'm out of explanations.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top