Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck on Processing Screen when creating sims - please help! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck on Processing Screen when creating sims - please help! [SOLVED] Empty Stuck on Processing Screen when creating sims - please help! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 11:14

I recently re-installed all my sims games (I bought The base game, Ambitions, Showtime, Pets, Late Night, World Adventures and Supernatural and downloaded Movie Stuff, University Life, Into the Future and Seasons).

I updated to the newest patch en updated all my mods. The game worked perfectly. 
I then downloaded some sims from the Exchange as well as some other content from other sites.
Since then whenever I created a sim and click on accep, it gets stuck on the processing screen when I have to edit the relationships. I can't create any freakin' sims!
I took away all my CC, uninstalled the latest downloads and sims - but it still won't work. 
I re-applied the manual patch and ultimate fix - still nothing.

I am getting so frustrated with this game! I spend more time uninstalling and re-installing and googling issues than I spend playing!

Can someone please help with this?

I just want to create some sims and play my game!

Back to top Go down

Stuck on Processing Screen when creating sims - please help! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Stuck on Processing Screen when creating sims - please help! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 12:36

Please go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and delete the ScriptCache.package.
See whether this helps.

Back to top Go down

Stuck on Processing Screen when creating sims - please help! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Stuck on Processing Screen when creating sims - please help! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 13:11

Hi there,

I deleted the ScriptCache.package - still stuck on processing.

I deleted the Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts as well, restarted the game, also still problem.
I have noticed it is only when I want to add extra family members or when I go to premade sims and want to save or edit the relationships at the end that this happens.

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 31 Jan 2014, 19:18

LeeV wrote:Hi there,

I deleted the ScriptCache.package - still stuck on processing.

I deleted the Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts as well, restarted the game, also still problem.
I have noticed it is only when I want to add extra family members or when I go to premade sims and want to save or edit the relationships at the end that this happens.

Sad

Hello there,

Have a look at this topic here and do all steps (except step #1, since you seemingly did that already):

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014-updated

When you're at step #3, download that "4 GB patch" and then double-click on it. Then choose the TS3W.exe in your Sims 3 base game location, usually C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch. Keep in mind though that this 'method' ONLY works if your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more.

At then end, re-start the game again.

Good luck, and keep us updated !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 19:30

Thank you - I'll try it and let you know

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 31 Jan 2014, 19:36

LeeV wrote:Thank you - I'll try it and let you know

Sure, sure.

Another thing: you might even try lowering your graphics settings in the in-game options menu, and see how this affects your game's performance.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 12:40

Ok, so I did all of the steps in the topic you mentioned and applied the 4GB patch as well - still no change.

Still gets stuck on processing after I've edited them and want to edit relationships.

I also used Delphy's Dashboard to check all my packages - everything is fine (used s3pe to merge packages)
Used Delphy's Custard to check all my sims3packs - all good

Everything worked fine until I installed content from the exchange - but I deleted all those files.

I really don't want to uninstall everything again - so frustrating

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Feb 2014, 21:16

LeeV wrote:Ok, so I did all of the steps in the topic you mentioned and applied the 4GB patch as well - still no change.

Still gets stuck on processing after I've edited them and want to edit relationships.

I also used Delphy's Dashboard to check all my packages - everything is fine (used s3pe to merge packages)
Used Delphy's Custard to check all my sims3packs - all good

Everything worked fine until I installed content from the exchange - but I deleted all those files.

I really don't want to uninstall everything again - so frustrating

Hello,

I used to use Delphy's dashboard, but stopped doing so because I find it highly unreliable. Instead, I basically use my intuition and experience when downloading and installing CC. For example: the risk of something 'going wrong' is much bigger with downloading user-made CC ("third-party content") than with the official Sims 3 store items.

Please go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" into anything you like, just change the folder's name.

Re-start the game and make a new save. Play for a while in that new save and see if you still get that issue. If you don't get that issue anymore, it means that something was wrong with your "old stuff" - either corrupted savefiles or bad/incompatible CC.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Feb 2014, 10:24

Hi there,

I basically deleted all my CC and put them back one by one checking to see if the problem persists. 

Even though I deleted the content from the exchange, some of the stuff remained.

A long and veeery tedious process, but it's finally sorted!

Won't be relying on Delphy's Dashboard anymore. Started a new way of installing CC, so I know when something goes wrong, which ones to delete first to resolve the issue.

Thanks for all the help!

Moderator edit: feel free to open a new topic if you have any other questions ! Very Happy  Happy simming. Topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top