Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have to use ultimate fix every time I edit mods folder? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have to use ultimate fix every time I edit mods folder? [SOLVED] Empty Have to use ultimate fix every time I edit mods folder? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 06:03

This is a problem I've had the past month or so. If I go to update a mod or otherwise touch my main Sims 3 folder (the one with mods, DCbackup, etc...) my game will freeze to where I have to force close it. Then after I reapply the ultimate patch, including the manual patch again, and re-add it to the DEP, it runs fine. I'm just wondering if there is a way to make it to where I don't have to reapply the patch every time I change something in my Sims 3 folder. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Have to use ultimate fix every time I edit mods folder? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Have to use ultimate fix every time I edit mods folder? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 06:12

mryza wrote:This is a problem I've had the past month or so. If I go to update a mod or otherwise touch my main Sims 3 folder (the one with mods, DCbackup, etc...) my game will freeze to where I have to force close it. Then after I reapply the ultimate patch, including the manual patch again, and re-add it to the DEP, it runs fine. I'm just wondering if there is a way to make it to where I don't have to reapply the patch every time I change something in my Sims 3 folder. Thanks!
Hi there after you add new mods please apply the new store fix which can found here http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html

Back to top Go down

Have to use ultimate fix every time I edit mods folder? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Have to use ultimate fix every time I edit mods folder? [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Sun 02 Feb 2014, 06:44

mryza wrote:This is a problem I've had the past month or so. If I go to update a mod or otherwise touch my main Sims 3 folder (the one with mods, DCbackup, etc...) my game will freeze to where I have to force close it. Then after I reapply the ultimate patch, including the manual patch again, and re-add it to the DEP, it runs fine. I'm just wondering if there is a way to make it to where I don't have to reapply the patch every time I change something in my Sims 3 folder. Thanks!

Hello,

Re-applying the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix isn't meant to solve the freezing problem...

Every time you install a mod, you need to clear a file called scriptcache.package in (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. I am starting to think the mods you have installed are not compatible with the game version/corrupted, causing the game to become disfunct. 

I recommend that you install mods bit by bit, one by one, and then each time after installing a mod, delete the cache I mentioned and then run the game to see if there are any problems.

//EDIT

chowdary wrote:Hi there after you add new mods please apply the new store fix which can found here http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html

The store fix is not meant to fix this problem...
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 11:10

I replaced my old store fixes from a different site with the fixes here, and deleted my caches, then I played for over an hour and had no issues at all! I'm thinking one of my old store fixes was causing it. Thanks so much for your help!

Moderator edit: Problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top