Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small question. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A small question. [SOLVED] Empty A small question. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2014, 00:04

Hi guys, Smile 
I had a very small question here....*NOTE: I think I'm posting this in the wrong section but didn't know where to put it. Facepalm 
So do you have to use Manual Patch to update the game or can you update via: The Sims 3-(whatever ep or sp)/Support/Updates.
I don't know if I'm making sense but since a lot of you guys know that I post anything and any questions that I have,so I don't mind writing stuff that doesn't make ANY sense(not spamming though)... Razz 
So that's the only question I have.
Thank you guys Wink

Moderator edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) downloads support (PC)". Wink

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

A small question. [SOLVED] Empty Re: A small question. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2014, 05:48

ellajohnson wrote:Hi guys, Smile 
I had a very small question here....*NOTE: I think I'm posting this in the wrong section but didn't know where to put it. Facepalm 
So do you have to use Manual Patch to update the game or can you update via: The Sims 3-(whatever ep or sp)/Support/Updates.
I don't know if I'm making sense but since a lot of you guys know that I post anything and any questions that I have,so I don't mind writing stuff that doesn't make ANY sense(not spamming though)... Razz 
Thank you guys Wink

Moderator edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) downloads support (PC)". Wink

- Carlos
Hi ella, the manual patch is good because it takes a little time on the ultimate fix to be done so you shoudnt update your game through the launcher.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Feb 2014, 11:58

ellajohnson wrote:Hi guys, Smile 
Thank you guys Wink

Hey Ella,

The patches (and cracks) inside the expansions are meanwhile outdated, even the ones from the latest expansion - "Into the Future".

Whenever you want to patch and crack the game, do the steps from 2 to 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Hope this helped you ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2014, 13:39

Hi,
Well I think either you guys misunderstood me or I did! Razz
But I've tried updating my game through the files in the download(not the launcher) and it worked 100%. So I hope you guys understand what I mean cause I saw a YouTube video once that the guy had YOUR downloads and that's the way he updated his game and I did the same and it worked. Very Happy 
Really appreciate the effort though...Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 03 Feb 2014, 13:55

ellajohnson wrote:Hi,
Well I think either you guys misunderstood me or I did! Razz
But I've tried updating my game through the files in the download(not the launcher) and it worked 100%. So I hope you guys understand what I mean cause I saw a YouTube video once that the guy had YOUR downloads and that's the way he updated his game and I did the same and it worked. Very Happy 
Really appreciate the effort though...Thanks Smile

Hello,

What is the upload date of the video you were watching?

The manual patches inside any of the expansion torrents (except Into The Future) can be used along with the cracks associated with the expansion torrents. All you need to bear in mind is the compatibility of the crack with the patches you are using. 

However, the Ultimate Fix cannot be used along with any of these patches since the Ultimate Fix is compatible with only the latest version (1.67) and therefore you cannot apply the Ultimate Fix with the expansion.

Why don't you update to the latest version (with the latest manual patch) and apply the Ultimate Fix instead of using older versions/patches and applying older cracks included in the torrents?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2014, 14:22

Hello,
I was just suggesting this, that's it.
cause I've NEVER used the manual patch myself, I thought it might work for others too.
that's all
I was just asking and if you wanna lock the topic as "Solved" then go ahead! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Feb 2014, 15:08

ellajohnson wrote:Hello,
I was just suggesting this, that's it.
cause I've NEVER used the manual patch myself, I thought it might work for others too.
that's all
I was just asking and if you wanna lock the topic as "Solved" then go ahead! Very Happy

Sure, if done correctly it *might* work for others. But as for me I would never suggest something like that. Why ? Because it's more complicated than the solution I posted before ("re-do the steps from #2 to #4"). There are many "risk factors", so that a beginner who comes here will probably do it wrong.

The user will either use different patches along with different cracks of the expansions. Or they will try and "mix" the patches/cracks inside the expansions with the Ultimate fix.

Please do the steps from #2 to #4 I mentioned in my previous reply instead. Wink  That's the easiest and most secure solution.

If you want to help others, it's always best to keep matters as simple as possible.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2014, 15:13

OK then sorry, I didn't have intention of making things complicated... Surprised 
I was just asking if that way is available too...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Feb 2014, 15:23

ellajohnson wrote:OK then sorry, I didn't have intention of making things complicated... Surprised 
I was just asking if that way is available too...

It's OK. Wink  Yes, of course, your "way" is possible too.

I'll close the topic now. If you have anything else, feel free to open a new topic.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top