Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small Question. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Small Question. [SOLVED] Empty Small Question. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 03:06

Hello, I have a minor question and would appreciate any responses that are helpful.

If I've already successfully installed all of the Sims 3 expansions & stuff packs, as well as used the Fix and also updated to the latest version of the game, would I still be able to then download the store update files from the downloads page of G4W? Also, if so, could anyone tell me exactly what's in those files/what they do? That may be a stupid question to some people but I've never heard of downloading store updates and never seen files like it before so I'm curious and have no idea. Thanks in advance for any responses. (I've read the Sims 3 thread on installing and didn't see anything about either question, so thanks for not directing me there also since it won't help.)

Back to top Go down

Small Question. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Small Question. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 05:02

Chalcedony wrote:Hello, I have a minor question and would appreciate any responses that are helpful.

If I've already successfully installed all of the Sims 3 expansions & stuff packs, as well as used the Fix and also updated to the latest version of the game, would I still be able to then download the store update files from the downloads page of G4W? Also, if so, could anyone tell me exactly what's in those files/what they do? That may be a stupid question to some people but I've never heard of downloading store updates and never seen files like it before so I'm curious and have no idea. Thanks in advance for any responses. (I've read the Sims 3 thread on installing and didn't see anything about either question, so thanks for not directing me there also since it won't help.)

Heyo!

I think the answer is yes, you can download store content at anytime as long as you're updated to the latest patch. Unfortunately, there is sooo much store content that it would be way too much to list what each file has. It was a lot of trial and error with me, checking out the sims site looking for stuff i wanted; and trying to get a similar name or time frame matched up with the downloadable files. At first i went for anything and everything released, more options in the game were awesome. It hindered the experience though because it started to lag and I think that's because I had so much store content installed. I had to clean up and go through the sims site and 'window shop' all the sets and items they released again, and try to match em up.

There was also a site out there that had a gallery of different sims 3 objects released, but stopped updating. There's atleast 3 years of content there, so its alot to go through, hope this was helpful and good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 09:44

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate the info, and that's okay I didn't want a detailed list, just what in general the files contained lol Again, thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:02

Hello,

In general it's all kinds of things. Furnishings, wallpapers, clothing, hairstyles, worlds, lots.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 05:15

Thanks for the reply Lady ElDi, that answered my question perfectly. I figured that's what it was but I'm the type that likes to ask before doing, you know? Much appreciated, you can mark this Solved if you like. Smile

Edit: Can I ask just one more question? If I've installed my downloaded store content via the launcher, once I've finished doing it can I delete the files from the downloads pane? Or would that remove them from my game? I ask because it's getting really long. lol

Last edited by Chalcedony on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 08:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : One more question)

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sat 06 Oct 2012, 20:20

Chalcedony wrote:Edit: Can I ask just one more question? If I've installed my downloaded store content via the launcher, once I've finished doing it can I delete the files from the downloads pane? Or would that remove them from my game? I ask because it's getting really long. lol

Once you install them with the launcher if they are in the Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads Folder, they aren't needed anymore, since they are changed around in function to make it easier for the game to load them, so Yes, you can delete them, recommend using the launcher, so it will only manage to delete the ones that you checked to confirm they installed.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Oct 2012, 03:22

Okay, thanks very much for the response! bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:58

Hello,

Anything else we can currently help you with? Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 06:12

Nope, thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 13 Oct 2012, 20:51

Hello,

Good, enjoy the game for now and please do let us know if you need any more assistance, ever! Small Question. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male