Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to Start Game After Trying DEP Fix. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to Start Game After Trying DEP Fix. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to Start Game After Trying DEP Fix. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 18:11

Hello! I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and have had no prior problems with the game. Only recently I have been having problems with my game crashing while in CAS so I've been working my way down the list of crash fixes. I followed the instructions for the DEP fix but now I can't get my game to start at all. I have tried to start it via the launcher and the error that I get reads: There was an error during start-up. Please see log for more details.

I have tried to start it by clicking the .exe film and the error that I get reads: Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb).

I'm not sure what my next step should be, so I'd appreciate any help on how to fix this problem and my game. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Unable to Start Game After Trying DEP Fix. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to Start Game After Trying DEP Fix. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 18:48

Hello,
This means broken registry...
Please try this video.
If it does not work, you need to uninstall your games with YourUninstallerPro, then re install them again...

Back to top Go down

Unable to Start Game After Trying DEP Fix. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to Start Game After Trying DEP Fix. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 19:03

Ok, I have watched this video. Will this work even if I still have all of my EP's installed? I haven't removed or changed anything. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 19:10

Yes it will. Whichever EPs are installed follow what is said!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 19:19

In the video it says to remove the key for whichever expansions you do not have currently installed. I have all the expansions installed so should I still do this? I'm just trying to understand and avoid a total re-install, sorry if seem dense. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 23:06

Oh, well then no you cannot do this step.
We've had the problem before. I think uninstalling with YourUninstallerPro is in order...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Feb 2014, 01:17

Thanks for your help Shamrock! I had to go ahead and uninstall and reinstall the game, and it works fine now. But, thanks a bunch for your prompt assistance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Feb 2014, 15:26

You're welcome.
Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2014, 02:20

No thank you! A re-install fixed all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2014, 22:52

Glad to hear it.
Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top