Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED] Empty I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 19:13

Hello, I've looked everywhere how to install The Sims 3 and I got closer every small step, but now I'm getting this error:

I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED] Screen10

Yeah it's Dutch, but it's saying that there's occured during the start-up. please look into the logbook for more details.

I re-tried doing the ultimate fix and patching it with TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update but it's not working.
I don't have World Adventures and the stuff packs installed (exept for Movie Stuff), but that shouldn't give me this error.

Mabye I missed something?

Edit: I installed them all in D:/ because I don't have enough space to place them in the C:/

Greetings,

Mgtwan

Back to top Go down

I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Feb 2014, 21:07

mgtwan wrote:
I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED] Screen10

//MOVED

Hello,

Have a look at this video here:

This video shows the registry location for 64-bit Windows versions. If you have a 32-bit Windows, then the registry location is a little bit different:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Sims and then delete the expansion sub-folders, aas shownh in the video.

Good luck !

Loop
Start playing when buffered ( Only Notify

) -
%
Smart Buffer
Estimated Time:
Will start buffering when initialized.
Donate to SmartVideo!
Global Preferences
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 21:21

Nice to know, I was looking for it when I wanted to uninstall the game (with the 5005: error), but couldn't so used Revo Uninstaller for it.

But the problem is not solved then, because I installed everything that's showing on the registry...
As you can see on my picture:

I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED] Screen13

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Feb 2014, 21:32

mgtwan wrote:

I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED] Screen13

Are you sure you're using the LATEST Ultimate fix, along with the latest manual patch too ? In case of doubt, re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If that doesn't work either, try a clean un-install; use "Your Un-installer Pro (available from Games4TheWorld on Piratebay) or REVO Un-installer. After you un-installed everything, re-boot the computer. And then start over again.

Good luck again !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 21:37

I'm pretty sure I've got the latest ultimate fix 25-1-2014 20:12 
and TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe, which is up to date.

I'll try to do step 2 and then step 3 in that order

Edit: I've done both steps, i'll restart my computer now.
Edit 2: I'm now updating The Sims after installing Into the Future, Island paradise might've been the cause for my problem as I couldn't install it like I did the others (I skipped it now)
  The Sims Plumbob 1 Mabye you could look at it. I downloaded it from this site (not piratebay) and I saw the name of this site when I tried to install it together with the 'Island paradise' picture. The Sims Plumbob 1

Last edited by mgtwan on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 00:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It might be fixed now, but I'm not sure yet.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Feb 2014, 09:58

I have the same problem! Only difference is that when I click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node there's no Sims folder WhatDidUJustCallMe? scratch
- Ok I find it in another folder, but there are all expansions that I have (because I have all of them), what now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Feb 2014, 11:28

Aleksandrica wrote:I have the same problem! Only difference is that when I click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node there's no Sims folder WhatDidUJustCallMe? scratch
- Ok I find it in another folder, but there are all expansions that I have (because I have all of them), what now?
Hi there,please open your own topic so that we can help you better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Feb 2014, 11:38

Did it already, waiting for the answer  Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Feb 2014, 12:53

mgtwan wrote:I'm pretty sure I've got the latest ultimate fix 25-1-2014 20:12 
and TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe, which is up to date.

I'll try to do step 2 and then step 3 in that order

Edit: I've done both steps, i'll restart my computer now.
Edit 2: I'm now updating The Sims after installing Into the Future, Island paradise might've been the cause for my problem as I couldn't install it like I did the others (I skipped it now)
  The Sims Plumbob 1 Mabye you could look at it. I downloaded it from this site (not piratebay) and I saw the name of this site when I tried to install it together with the 'Island paradise' picture. The Sims Plumbob 1

Sorry for the late reply, but do you still need assistance ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 20:00

It's indeed pretty late Razz 

I got it fixed. I used (trial-version of) Revo uninstaller to delete everything of the sims 3 expansion packs and base game (including leftovers and registry). Then I re-installed the game without: 
EP: Adventures and Island Paradise
SP: Everything exept the latest SP cuz I wanted to try that one out xD

Hope it'll also fix your problems and those with the same problems.

You can lock it or make it sticky Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2014, 15:33

Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top