Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game keeps lagging / freezing every few minutes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game keeps lagging / freezing every few minutes! Empty Game keeps lagging / freezing every few minutes!

Post by Guest Fri 07 Feb 2014, 12:00

My game will be running smoothly for the first few hours then it will always start to lag/freeze, it becomes so bad that it is impossible to play the game. I make a new town & it always works fine to begin with but then the problem soon comes back  Help 

Back to top Go down

Game keeps lagging / freezing every few minutes! Empty Re: Game keeps lagging / freezing every few minutes!

Post by Guest Fri 07 Feb 2014, 17:29

Might want to try a few of these posted here i had some lag issue and it fixed most of my lagging

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Back to top Go down

Game keeps lagging / freezing every few minutes! Empty Re: Game keeps lagging / freezing every few minutes!

Post by Guest Sat 08 Feb 2014, 18:18

-Update- I've downloaded Overwatch & the game has stopped lagging, yay! An issue I have with Overwatch is I can no longer adopt pets from the shelter. I can call them up, choose a pet, they tell me the pet is getting cleaned up & on its way to me but it never arrives, nor does the person to bring them over  Sad  I've gone into the Overwatch settings & the 'Stop pet adoption' command is set to 'false' so I don't see why I'm having this issue. Can anybody help please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Feb 2014, 19:14

humm i never seen it do that befor imma read around and see if there is a way to fix that

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 08 Feb 2014, 22:06

xllmtx wrote:-Update- I've downloaded Overwatch & the game has stopped lagging, yay! An issue I have with Overwatch is I can no longer adopt pets from the shelter. I can call them up, choose a pet, they tell me the pet is getting cleaned up & on its way to me but it never arrives, nor does the person to bring them over  Sad  I've gone into the Overwatch settings & the 'Stop pet adoption' command is set to 'false' so I don't see why I'm having this issue. Can anybody help please?

Hello,

That looks to me like a mod-related glitch, for which there is no solution (maybe another Helper can think of anything else though). Could you "live" without playing with pets in The Sims 3 ? There are tons of unresolved glitches in that game, and as things stand right now EA is not planning to fix them.

As for your lag, have a look at this topic and do steps #2 and #3 (ignore all other steps for now): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is 64-bit AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is 32-bit and/or if you have less than 4 GB of RAM on your computer.

Also, you said your game started lagging after "a few hours". Do you mean you played for several hours without exiting the game ? Even if you have a high-end computer, that's not going to work, so if you did that, please shorten your playing sessions (save in short intervals). And exit the game after about an hour of play, before re-starting the game.

Good luck and keep us updated !

Last edited by Carlos on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 23:36; edited 2 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Feb 2014, 19:38

The lagging seems to have been fixed now by the mod.. it's just the pet issue that is bothering me.. I do tend to use the pets expansion quite a lot in my gameplay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top