Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAW Crash "Attempted To Read or Write Protected Memory"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CAW Crash "Attempted To Read or Write Protected Memory" Empty CAW Crash "Attempted To Read or Write Protected Memory"

Post by Guest Fri 14 Feb 2014, 22:18

Hey guys,

so my CAW just randomly decided to start crashing on me and giving me the 
"The Sims 3 create A world tool- beta has crashed! 
Exception information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
" message.

Literally, I worked on a world in Edit In Game mode and the next day when I started it up it crashes and doesn't want to work with me. 

Things I tried:
- loading a backup save of the world - but I get the same message
- re-downloading CAW and reinstalling it - this actually allowed CAW to open the game and when I decided to zoom in the world in the game to select a lot to edit - the game crashed
- patching the game to 1.67 + updating the Ultimate Fix - still crashes

Also out of all those times two times it caused the "blue screen of death" and caused my computer to restart.
I looked it up around forums but did not get a solid answer so I appreciate any kind of help!

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

CAW Crash "Attempted To Read or Write Protected Memory" Empty Re: CAW Crash "Attempted To Read or Write Protected Memory"

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 10 Mar 2014, 22:07

Pureblood wrote:Hey guys,

so my CAW just randomly decided to start crashing on me and giving me the 
"The Sims 3 create A world tool- beta has crashed! 
Exception information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
" message.

Literally, I worked on a world in Edit In Game mode and the next day when I started it up it crashes and doesn't want to work with me. 

Things I tried:
- loading a backup save of the world - but I get the same message
- re-downloading CAW and reinstalling it - this actually allowed CAW to open the game and when I decided to zoom in the world in the game to select a lot to edit - the game crashed
- patching the game to 1.67 + updating the Ultimate Fix - still crashes

Also out of all those times two times it caused the "blue screen of death" and caused my computer to restart.
I looked it up around forums but did not get a solid answer so I appreciate any kind of help!

Thanks!

Hello,

I apologize that nobody has come to you earlier; if you feel that you have been "overlooked", feel free to contact one of the (active !) Helpers/Mods via PM. Smile  You can/should PM a team member after at least 24 hours of your original post.

Now, I'm not sure about that problem. Is your Windows version a 32-bit or 64-bit system ? If it is a 64-bit one AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, download the "4 GB patch" from here: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Double-click on the patch and go to the CAW.exe (C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Create-a-world tool\CAW.exe) and select it. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch then.

If you have a 32-bit system and/or if your computer has fewer than 4 GB RAM, then this method won't help you. Wat.  In that case, try increasing your "virtual memory", for example, read up on this article here (or google for something similar): http://www.techulator.com/resources/2430-Increase-your-Virtual-Memory-size.aspx

Re-start the CAW thingy again.

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that's all I can say to this topic. Maybe one of the other team members knows more though.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top