Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The game keeps getting a max memory crash during build/buy mode. Plus the launcher takes ages to open.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The game keeps getting a max memory crash during build/buy mode. Plus the launcher takes ages to open. Empty The game keeps getting a max memory crash during build/buy mode. Plus the launcher takes ages to open.

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 19:50

Yes, I'm back with yet another crashing problem to bother you guys. Although thankfully this time it only happens on build/buy mode for some reason. Yes, I've already tried the usual fixes like the DEP exceptions, 4GB patch, lowering the settings, making sure the game is using the proper graphics card, taking out CC, the works. But the game still crashes on build/buy. The strange thing is that the game runs beautifully on live mode even with everything except the reflections and displayed lots maxed out. Another problem I'm having is that the launcher takes a REALLY long time to open ever since I installed Island Paradise.

Thanks to whoever can help me. I really hope I won't have to resort to reinstalling everything again.

Back to top Go down

The game keeps getting a max memory crash during build/buy mode. Plus the launcher takes ages to open. Empty Re: The game keeps getting a max memory crash during build/buy mode. Plus the launcher takes ages to open.

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 20:14

Hello,
Try using that link maybe it helps.

Back to top Go down

The game keeps getting a max memory crash during build/buy mode. Plus the launcher takes ages to open. Empty Re: The game keeps getting a max memory crash during build/buy mode. Plus the launcher takes ages to open.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 08 Jul 2013, 22:09

Wasting_Night wrote:Yes, I'm back with yet another crashing problem to bother you guys. Although thankfully this time it only happens on build/buy mode for some reason. Yes, I've already tried the usual fixes like the DEP exceptions, 4GB patch, lowering the settings, making sure the game is using the proper graphics card, taking out CC, the works. But the game still crashes on build/buy. The strange thing is that the game runs beautifully on live mode even with everything except the reflections and displayed lots maxed out. Another problem I'm having is that the launcher takes a REALLY long time to open ever since I installed Island Paradise.

Thanks to whoever can help me. I really hope I won't have to resort to reinstalling everything again.

Hello there,

Try re-applying the "manual patch", you can find it here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch. Afterwards re-apply the "Ultimate fix", available here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.

Keep in mind that you only need the two files that are in the #crack folder of the "Ultimate fix". Copy these two files (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll) to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and replace the existing files.

Also: you should never use the cracks that are included in the expansions that you download; only use the "Ultimate fix".

Good luck for now !

cagil99 wrote:Hello,
Try using that link maybe it helps.

The idea is not bad, but if the problem was insufficient memory, then it's in my opinion unlikely that the crashes only happen in Buy-/Buildmode. Wink 

//EDIT

My launcher doesn't open at all. I have to start the game directly by double-clicking on the TS3W.exe. According to the information on the patch 1.55, EA modified the launcher (again) so that installed ".sims3packs" don't disappear anymore. While this was meant as an improvement, EA screwed up again. Lots of people seem to have problems when trying to start the game with the launcher (or even open the launcher at all).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 10:33

Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna try re-applying the manual patch. Hopefully it'll work since I want to start a relatively huge build.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top