Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 + All expansions 1.55 Max memory used crash. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 + All expansions 1.55 Max memory used crash. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 + All expansions 1.55 Max memory used crash. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 02:51

Hey guys,

I've installed TS3 and all its expansions perfectly with no problems and until recently I was able to play without any problems.

Now after I go into the game and go into build/buy mode, it crashes after about 10 minutes. I ran crash log analyzer and it says Max memory used - try to reduce memory but lowering settings.

Here's what I've tried:

- the ultimate fix (latest version) on this website
- put TS3W.exe and all other exes in the DEP
- lowered the settings by using default settings
- used the 4GB patcher to assign more memory
- put Sims 3 on highest priority in task manager
- ran in windowed mode

but still no luck :(It crashes after 5-10 minutes...

Spec:
Lenovo Y500
8GB DDR3 RAM
2GB GT650M SLI
i7 3630QM 2.4GHz
1080p
Win 8 Pro 64bit

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 + All expansions 1.55 Max memory used crash. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 + All expansions 1.55 Max memory used crash. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Sun 08 Sep 2013, 02:53

kwmagik wrote:Hey guys,

I've installed TS3 and all its expansions perfectly with no problems and until recently I was able to play without any problems.

Now after I go into the game and go into build/buy mode, it crashes after about 10 minutes. I ran crash log analyzer and it says Max memory used - try to reduce memory but lowering settings.

Here's what I've tried:

- ran in windowed mode

Spec:
Lenovo Y500
8GB DDR3 RAM
2GB GT650M SLI
i7 3630QM 2.4GHz
1080p
Win 8 Pro 64bit
Hello,

Have you applied the manual patch (which can be downloaded here) before applying the Ultimate Fix?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 + All expansions 1.55 Max memory used crash. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 + All expansions 1.55 Max memory used crash. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 05:42

cat2006house wrote:

Here's what I've tried:

- ran in windowed mode

Spec:
Lenovo Y500
8GB DDR3 RAM
2GB GT650M SLI
i7 3630QM 2.4GHz
1080p
Win 8 Pro 64bit
Hello,

Have you applied the manual patch (which can be downloaded here) before applying the Ultimate Fix?
yep I've just tried that, installed the patch and newest fixes.

But doesn't work...there's still the problem after about 5 minutes or so.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 08 Sep 2013, 05:47

kwmagik wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

Here's what I've tried:

- ran in windowed mode

Spec:
Lenovo Y500
8GB DDR3 RAM
2GB GT650M SLI
i7 3630QM 2.4GHz
1080p
Win 8 Pro 64bit
Hello,

Hello,

Please clear the following caches and files in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"
-the content of the folder "CurrentGame.sims3"

Do you have any mods/CC?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 07:04

cat2006house wrote:
kwmagik wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

Here's what I've tried:

- ran in windowed mode

Spec:
Lenovo Y500
8GB DDR3 RAM
2GB GT650M SLI
i7 3630QM 2.4GHz
1080p
Win 8 Pro 64bit
Hello,

Hello,

Please clear the following caches and files in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-socialCache.package

Do you have any mods/CC?
I have the nointro and sims height mod but I don't think that'll influence anything...

I did delete the cache files but this time when I save I get the error 12 which is then followed by the crash.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 08 Sep 2013, 07:35

kwmagik wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
kwmagik wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

Here's what I've tried:

- ran in windowed mode

Spec:
Lenovo Y500
8GB DDR3 RAM
2GB GT650M SLI
i7 3630QM 2.4GHz
1080p
Win 8 Pro 64bit
Hello,

Hello,

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-socialCache.package

Do you have any mods/CC?
I have the nointro and sims height mod but I don't think that'll influence anything...

I did delete the cache files but this time when I save I get the error 12 which is then followed by the crash.
Hello,

Please read this and this and try all the solutions in these posts. Let me know if you have any problems. The weird thing is that your pc is 64-bit and very often Error 12 happens to 32-bit pcs, but no 64-bit pcs.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 08:23

cat2006house wrote:
kwmagik wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
kwmagik wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

Here's what I've tried:

- ran in windowed mode

Spec:
Lenovo Y500
8GB DDR3 RAM
2GB GT650M SLI
i7 3630QM 2.4GHz
1080p
Win 8 Pro 64bit
Hello,

Hello,

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-socialCache.package

Do you have any mods/CC?

Hello,

Please read this and this and try all the solutions in these posts. Let me know if you have any problems. The weird thing is that your pc is 64-bit and very often Error 12 happens to 32-bit pcs, but no 64-bit pcs.
I edited the Sims 3.ini file and changed my RAM limit to 49152000...I was able to play smoothly, save smoothly for about 5 minutes before it crashed again when I placed a light in buy mode. The reason is still the same - Max Memory used.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 08 Sep 2013, 08:25

Hello,

Crash log anaylyser is often inaccurate and cannot help solve crashing. So I usually ignore the reasons shown in the analyser. Can you try creating a new save to see if there is any difference? I suspect the old save is corrupted.

//EDIT

Also, are your mods updated?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 09:13

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Crash log anaylyser is often inaccurate and cannot help solve crashing. So I usually ignore the reasons shown in the analyser. Can you try creating a new save to see if there is any difference? I suspect the old save is corrupted.

//EDIT

I created a new save but the problem still occurs when I'm in build/buy mode. After a short while it'll just crash like the computer cannot handle it anymore...

My mods are updated, I don't think it has to do with the mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 08 Sep 2013, 09:29

kwmagik wrote:

//EDIT

I created a new save but the problem still occurs when I'm in build/buy mode. After a short while it'll just crash like the computer cannot handle it anymore...

Hello,

I think for now the only way to solve the problem is to apply the manual patch 1.55 (if you still have the patch .exe file) and then apply v1.55 Ultimate Fix (if you have) again. If you have lost these files, I suggest you update your game to the latest version (1.57) here and download the Ultimate Fix here apply the Ultimate Fix according to this:

Admin wrote:4. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin)
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 09:35

cat2006house wrote:
kwmagik wrote:

//EDIT

Hello,

I think for now the only way to solve the problem is to apply the manual patch 1.55 (if you still have the patch .exe file) and then apply v1.55 Ultimate Fix (if you have) again. If you have lost these files, I suggest you update your game to the latest version (1.57) here and download the Ultimate Fix here apply the Ultimate Fix according to this:

Admin wrote:4. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin)
I have applied the 1.57 patch and ultimate fix already. The problem first occurred with the 1.55 patch and 1.55 ultimate fix, you told me to update to 1.57 so I did. And now it's still crashing...looks like 1.57 didn't fix anything...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 11:09

Hello,
Have you tried this? Especially adding your game to the DEP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 11:57

Shamrock wrote:Hello,
Yes, I've tried this as I've mentioned in my first post. None of them helped...

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 08 Sep 2013, 12:02

kwmagik wrote:
Hello,

Even if you have applied the Fix and the patch, PLEASE, and please apply them again.

Shamrock, if you have read the first thread of the topic, he/she has tried all those solutions already.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 13:12

cat2006house wrote:
kwmagik wrote:
Hello,

Even if you have applied the Fix and the patch, PLEASE, and please apply them again.

Shamrock, if you have read the first thread of the topic, he/she has tried all those solutions already.
Yes I tried all of those solutions. I've applied the patch again, and the crack. I've added everything to DEP...all the exes.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 08 Sep 2013, 13:14

kwmagik wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
kwmagik wrote:
Hello,

Yes I tried all of those solutions. I've applied the patch again, and the crack. I've added everything to DEP...all the exes.
Hello,

Where did you get the base game and all the expansions from?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 13:23

cat2006house wrote:
kwmagik wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
kwmagik wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

Where did you get the base game and all the expansions from?
I got everything from kickasstorrents, uploaded by games4theworld.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 08 Sep 2013, 13:33

kwmagik wrote:I got everything from kickasstorrents, uploaded by games4theworld.
Hello,

To clarify, they are not uploaded by Games4theworld. They are uploaded by other uploaders. They download our torrents and possibly remodify (this may be the reason why the game crashes) them and then upload them. Now I suggest you uninstall the current games and reinstall the ones from www.games4theworld.org:

( 1 ) To uninstall, simply download Your Uninstaller Pro from www.games4theworld.org and choose Super Mode after clicking "Uninstall" when a pop-up asking you to choose uninstalling modes appears. This will clear all leftover registry and remaining files so that they won't affect the reinstallation later on.
( 2 ) Extract the torrents with WinRAR only.
( 3 ) Install the base game and mount .iso files into virtual discs. If you have any questions regarding this, don't hesitate to ask.
( 4 ) Apply the manual patch 1.57 (which can be downloaded here)
( 5 ) Install any expansions you want.
( 6 ) Download the latest Ultimate Fix here.
( 7 ) Extract it with WinRAR only.
( 8 ) Drag and drop the contents of the folder #crack of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 15:01

cat2006house wrote:
kwmagik wrote:I got everything from kickasstorrents, uploaded by games4theworld.
Hello,

To clarify, they are not uploaded by Games4theworld. They are uploaded by other uploaders. They download our torrents and possibly remodify (this may be the reason why the game crashes) them and then upload them. Now I suggest you uninstall the current games and reinstall the ones from

( 1 ) To uninstall, simply download Your Uninstaller Pro from  and choose Super Mode after clicking "Uninstall" when a pop-up asking you to choose uninstalling modes appears. This will clear all leftover registry and remaining files so that they won't affect the reinstallation later on.
( 3 ) Install the base game and mount .iso files into virtual discs. If you have any questions regarding this, don't hesitate to ask.
( 4 ) Apply the manual patch 1.57 (which can be downloaded
( 6 ) Download the latest Ultimate Fix
( 8 ) Drag and drop the contents of the folder #crack of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
I will do that, but first of all I don't know where to find Uninstaller Pro on the website.

Also, I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with the torrents I downloaded...the game crashes when I'm putting objects and it lags before it crashes which suggests that there's nothing wrong with the contents. It took me ages to download over 20 GB of files and I won't download it again.

I can however try to reinstall everything which would take another long period of time, and do everything again...but I think the results I get will be the same...the crash has something to do with the memory but it's really frustrating that I just can't manage to fix it no matter what.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 08 Sep 2013, 15:06

kwmagik wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

To clarify, they are not uploaded by Games4theworld. They are uploaded by other uploaders. They download our torrents and possibly remodify (this may be the reason why the game crashes) them and then upload them. Now I suggest you uninstall the current games and reinstall the ones from

( 1 ) To uninstall, simply download Your Uninstaller Pro from  and choose Super Mode after clicking "Uninstall" when a pop-up asking you to choose uninstalling modes appears. This will clear all leftover registry and remaining files so that they won't affect the reinstallation later on.
I will do that, but first of all I don't know where to find Uninstaller Pro on the website.

Also, I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with the torrents I downloaded...the game crashes when I'm putting objects and it lags before it crashes which suggests that there's nothing wrong with the contents. It took me ages to download over 20 GB of files and I won't download it again.

I can however try to reinstall everything which would take another long period of time, and do everything again...but I think the results I get will be the same...the crash has something to do with the memory but it's really frustrating that I just can't manage to fix it no matter what.
Hello,

It has something to do with your memory? I don't think so. Your memory is more than enough to play The Sims 3.  Did you have any CC (Custom content)? You said you downloaded some CC and the game crashed? What do you mean?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 08:50

cat2006house wrote:
kwmagik wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

It has something to do with your memory? I don't think so. Your memory is more than enough to play The Sims 3.  Did you have any CC (Custom content)? You said you downloaded some CC and the game crashed? What do you mean?
I thought it has something to do with the memory limit, but I doubled my RAM memory limit in sims3.ini...still crashing...

I have sims 3 height and no intro custom content installed, I don't think they're a big problem because the game's not crashing when I'm in creating a sim mode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 09:21

Hello,

Can you try to disable the in-game store (it is in settings).

In-game store causes crash for me. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 15:24

cezra31 wrote:Hello,

WOW THANKS!

I turned off the option which allows you to access the online shop...and it's not crashing anymore! I've been playing for a few hours now!

Truly thank you, but I can't take everything for granted right now, maybe wait till tomorrow then this thread is declared to be fully solved.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 10 Sep 2013, 15:40

kwmagik wrote:
cezra31 wrote:Hello,

WOW THANKS!

I turned off the option which allows you to access the online shop...and it's not crashing anymore! I've been playing for a few hours now!

Truly thank you, but I can't take everything for granted right now, maybe wait till tomorrow then this thread is declared to be fully solved.

Thanks!
Hello,

I will leave this topic open until you are sure this problem is solved Wink .
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 07:01

kwmagik wrote:WOW THANKS!

Thanks!
You're welcome! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top