Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow loading+ LOT of lagging

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slow loading+  LOT of lagging Empty Slow loading+ LOT of lagging

Post by Guest Sat 15 Feb 2014, 20:53

Hey, I'm sure this is a consistent problem among sims 3 players but I was hoping maybe there are more ideas how to fix the lagging during gameplay. The loading takes forever.
I have the sims 3 original from CD + all the EXP and Stuff packs which are torrents. Currently It's on latest version(used the superpatch)
I deleted all custom stuff and I've tried using the overwatch mod aswell.
I have gone through all the related posts, applied the superpatch, deleted EVERYTHING which is not required for the game. Downgraded the graphics, used the 4gb Ram conventer. Turned on Antivirus. Pretty much I have gone though everything which I have found in this forum.
So I'm asking if there's anythign else I can do besides complete disk cleanup and reinstallment of windows and of course the Sims 3.

Computer specs
Windows 7 64
Intel core I3 2,56ghz
ATI radeon 1gb
Memory 6gb
All drivers are up to date

The game worked Perfectly for the first 2 weeks after my complete reinstallment of windows and last summer for 2 weeks. After that it started lagging and it's been going worse and now it's just bad and impossible to play.
If it's relevant of not I noticed my laptop vents working harder when the game was working perfectly, no lag, no stop, no freeze. Loading took less than 5 min to start the game.

I hope I can get some more ideas cause I'm totally out of options rather than just give up.

Back to top Go down

Slow loading+  LOT of lagging Empty Re: Slow loading+ LOT of lagging

Post by Guest Sat 15 Feb 2014, 21:28

Hello and welcome! Very Happy
Slow loading could be cause by a variety of reasons some of them are:
1. Corrupted caches
2. Too much CC/Mods
3. Outdated CC/mods
and more! Smile 
Please take a look at this topic:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes
It's a very useful topic and try removing your CC/mods which they must have caused the lagging! Smile
If you have more questions please ask! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Feb 2014, 22:35

Yes, if you look up then I told. CC's  and mods were the first things I unistalled it's the basic what I can do to speed up my game.
I've used gamebooster, changing RAM usage and etc etc. I have gone through all the main forum problem topics and done everything.
Caches are deleted all of them. All the folders which are needed to be emptied are done so.
If it helps then since my computer has no battery for over a year now couple of times my computer shut down when unplugged while the sims 3 was playing.
Also I have noticed that my game takes forever even to start and when it does the exe process stops many times before finishing with the loading. Hence the very long loading process.
Gamebooster increased the game speed by max 15-20% so now it freezes every 10-15min for a shorter time but still lags and doesn't run smoothly.
ResetSim cheat and the fix mods also doesn't help much nor did the superfix which I followed step by step

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Feb 2014, 09:06

visvires wrote:Yes, if you look up then I told. CC's  and mods were the first things I unistalled it's the basic what I can do to speed up my game.
I've used gamebooster, changing RAM usage and etc etc. I have gone through all the main forum problem topics and done everything.
Caches are deleted all of them. All the folders which are needed to be emptied are done so.
If it helps then since my computer has no battery for over a year now couple of times my computer shut down when unplugged while the sims 3 was playing.
Also I have noticed that my game takes forever even to start and when it does the exe process stops many times before finishing with the loading. Hence the very long loading process.
Gamebooster increased the game speed by max 15-20% so now it freezes every 10-15min for a shorter time but still lags and doesn't run smoothly.
ResetSim cheat and the fix mods also doesn't help much nor did the superfix which I followed step by step

There can be various reasons for that, but first of all keep in mind that most laptops aren't made for "hardcore-gaming", and yes, contrary to popular belief, The Sims 3 and its exapnsions is an extremely demanding game in terms of system resources. But let's see.

At first, make space on your hard-drive and defragment it. Then turn off your anti-virus program completely.

Next, go to any folder, and click on "Organize" in the top left corner. Then go to "folder and search options". Go to the "view"-tab and and mark the circle where it says "show hidden files, folders and drives". Click on apply, then OK.

Now, go to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Temp. Inside that "Temp" folder, delete everything you can. If something can't be deleted, skip it, and go on with the rest.

After that, go to C:\Windows and delete the contents of the folders "Prefetch" and "Temp". Don't delete the folders themselves, just the contents !

Now, go to "Computer" and right-click on your C: drive. In the "general"-tab, choose disk cleanup and follow the instructions, to delete the results shown.

Re-boot the computer, and then see if that helped you (too). Start the game then.

//EDIT

If you haven't tried it yet, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like. Just change the folder's name. Then re-start the game, make a new save and play on for a while.

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Feb 2014, 11:55

Thank you for additional information.
Tried the mentioned above and still no luck. I think it's caused by my laptop so I will get it wiped out soon.
I will call it a day and we can call this topic closed because it's obvious that's when the sims 3 in laptop starts lagging there is no help or fix for it.
Just one last question, how do u explain the sims 3 working on my computer for 3 weeks with flawless speed, no lagging and like an exillarated speed? After that it started lagging and all went to hell.
And when it worked perfectly I had not wiped out the computer recently, not installed any programs, deletec any caches or anything....it was just like randomly it started working like it's suppose to?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 17:56

Hello,

As far as I know, deleting all the content of Prefetch will only slow down your pc's next startup. There is no need/unnecessary to delete anything from it. It will not make your pc any faster.

Anyhow, have you tried all the solutions in Carlos' post (except deleting the content of Prefetch)? Have you ever tried renaming the folder (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to anything you want and restart the game again?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Feb 2014, 21:23

Yes I did that. And it actually made my game even slower than it usually starts with the new game and new world.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 07:12

visvires wrote:Yes I did that. And it actually made my game even slower than it usually starts with the new game and new world.

Hello,

Since what you have done is generating a new folder with new files and no saves, it will tend to get slower when loading a new save.

If you want to recover your old saves, hover over C:\Users\(your account name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\(Renamed folder)\Saves. Copy all the content of that folder and paste it to C:\Users\(your account name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves.

Anyhow, does it solve your lagging issue?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Feb 2014, 10:48

J.T. wrote:Hello,

As far as I know, deleting all the content of Prefetch will only slow down your pc's next startup. There is no need/unnecessary to delete anything from it. It will not make your pc any faster.

This is correct in the sense that it's not necessary to do this all the time - just once in a while. Eventually, after a while, the PC will become "stable" again.

I do this occasionally, and haven't encountered any issues or "slowing down" of my computer.

Lags can have various other reasons, and usually are caused by:

- old/insufficient hardware

- unnecessary background processes and applications, including any anti-virus/anti-malware programs -> can be turned off with the task manager or tools like "GameBooster"

- various in-game issues (old savefiles filled with "junk", corrupted savefiles, incompatible or too many mods/CC, huge and complex neighborhoods with tons of big houses and community lots, etc.)

- the "Windows Aero"-feature, from Windows Vista upwards, which chews up additional resources, especially on low(er)-end computers; -> can be turned off by disabling "desktop composition" in the properties of the TS3W.exe. That option can be found under the "compatibility"-tab, in the properties.

- a fragmented hard-drive

All these things need to be checked, if applicable.

Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 11:06

You might not notice slowing down at the next startup (or re-booting), but a lot of users do, including me. Wink

As for the Aero feature, it seems to me that CCleaner cleans it up and disable it already for me. I am glad without Windows Aero, because you are right, it clogs up RAM and CPU, and drastically slows down many pcs.

I recommend de-fragmenting once in a while, but a lot of users are busy with their RL and might not be able to do de-fragmenting while running other processes at the same time (especially on a low-end computer, where RAM and CPU are limited).

I suggest downloading and installing this free tool: http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.php.

This free tool does better than the default Windows de-fragmenting tool. It does de-fragmenting on your boot drive (you can choose in the option to auto-defragment other hard drives (HDs)) every time you start up your pc, and constantly doing so (if you turn auto-defrag on of course) when you are running other applications. It doesn't slow down your pc
 like Windows de-fragmenting tool.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Mar 2014, 08:00

J.T. wrote:You might not notice slowing down at the next startup (or re-booting), but a lot of users do, including me. Wink

Which still doesn't mean that deleting the contents of Prefetch every once in a while is a bad thing. Wink

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Mar 2014, 01:24

Before anyone answers I would like to point up everything I have written above; to make my sims game work faster I have done everything, deleted mods, CC-s, caches, updated, modified, used gamebooster and etc etc so reccomondations in that department are not needed
But as said I've tried everything mentioned above and still no works so my conclusion is that only way to fix ur sims game is to do a complete format to your computer and start fresh and enjoy the fast game for as long as it lasts and then just repeat it Smile.
But just out of curiosity for the computer whizes over there

1)is there any chance that using superpatches may cause ur sims game to  Censored  ?
2)Still non of the info doesn't explain the fact why does the process freese and stop during the loading process and makes it take it that much longer. And also the process takes like 4* times more time to reach maximum capasity aka smth like 1,5mlj kbs or smth...when my game was working perfectly for 2 weeks it popped like a charm up to max and the loading process didn't have any freezes...well daah cause it was so fast but still...can anyone explain that?
3)Can it just be caused by my laptop being full of junk and just needs a good cleanup?
4) question for a real genius how/why did it work perfectly for 2 weeks, when I didn't do ANYTHING mentioned above to make it work faster nor better.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 11 Mar 2014, 17:48

visvires wrote:Before anyone answers I would like to point up everything I have written above; to make my sims game work faster I have done everything, deleted mods, CC-s, caches, updated, modified, used gamebooster and etc etc so reccomondations in that department are not needed
But as said I've tried everything mentioned above and still no works so my conclusion is that only way to fix ur sims game is to do a complete format to your computer and start fresh and enjoy the fast game for as long as it lasts and then just repeat it Smile.
But just out of curiosity for the computer whizes over there

1)is there any chance that using superpatches may cause ur sims game to  Censored  ?
2)Still non of the info doesn't explain the fact why does the process freese and stop during the loading process and makes it take it that much longer. And also the process takes like 4* times more time to reach maximum capasity aka smth like 1,5mlj kbs or smth...when my game was working perfectly for 2 weeks it popped like a charm up to max and the loading process didn't have any freezes...well daah cause it was so fast but still...can anyone explain that?
3)Can it just be caused by my laptop being full of junk and just needs a good cleanup?
4) question for a real genius how/why did it work perfectly for 2 weeks, when I didn't do ANYTHING mentioned above to make it work faster nor better.

Please do not swear on here, even if you put several asterisks (*) to "conceal" your swearing. Smile

Next, if you followed J.T.'s and my advice, there isn't really much else you could try. You can always try going to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like (just change the folder's name). Then re-start the game and see if anything improved.

Other than that, maybe another Helper knows more about this issue.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top