Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Installation (No disc error)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Installation (No disc error) Empty Sims 3 Installation (No disc error)

Post by Guest Sun 16 Feb 2014, 15:36

Hi, I hope you can help with this. I read the correct installation for the Sims 3 game but that was only after I found out I did something wrong. I found a thread yesterday explaining exactly what had happened to me but I couldn't find it again, so I decided to open this one. I downloaded the Sims and the updater thing (patch?) that would update it to the latest version. I saw a Mod had replied to someone that their mistake was applying the updating patch before any expansion pack, so I recently downloaded University Life to try and fix it.

My brother used to be the one who did these things for me but since he left for college I am sadly bereft, so can you please guide me now? Do I need to un-install? I'm about to just flip everything and try to install the expansion, then the ultimate fix, then try again.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Installation (No disc error) Empty Re: Sims 3 Installation (No disc error)

Post by Guest Sun 16 Feb 2014, 15:51

Hello, Very Happy
I'm going to give you a simple guide on how to do the installation:
1. Download any expansion/stuff pack you want BUT install at least on of these:
Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations

2. Download the Manual patch to update your game to latest version from here.
3. Apply the manual patch by just double-clicking on it.
4. Download the Ultimate Fix from here.
5. Inside the Ultimate Fix folder open the #Crack folder and copy the content of that folder and paste it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
and overwrite (copy and replace) it.

If that wasn't what you were looking for please be more specific! Smile 
Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Installation (No disc error) Empty Re: Sims 3 Installation (No disc error)

Post by Guest Sun 16 Feb 2014, 16:05

I followed exactly what I said in the beginning and so far, it is working. I cannot even begin to explain how happy this has made me, thank you for your help anyway! I'm probably going to need help again later, ha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Feb 2014, 16:11

Hi again, Smile
I'm glad your problem is solved anyway. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 03:44

The same thing just happened after installing Supernatural. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 05:03

Hello, Smile
Try re-applying the Ultimate Fix cause that's the only solution I can think of right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jul 2014, 03:29

Sorry for bringing this up again, but after months of not touching the game, I wanted to install Pets and Late Night, and guess what? Now the game isn't running. It says the program closed for so and so reason. Any help?

EDIT: Now it asks me to insert the disc for Island Paradise.

Dying here.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 03 Jul 2014, 21:26

andierpa wrote:Sorry for bringing this up again, but after months of not touching the game, I wanted to install Pets and Late Night, and guess what? Now the game isn't running. It says the program closed for so and so reason. Any help?

EDIT: Now it asks me to insert the disc for Island Paradise.

Dying here.

Experience shows that in 99% of these cases, people either missed something or did something wrong. Ella basically said everything there is to say; so you should really make sure to do the steps from #2 to #4 here, correctly:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Really, don't do anything else, besides the steps; so ignore the cracks inside expansions and ignore the expansion folders inside the Ultimate fix too. You ONLY need the #crack-folder of the Ultimate fix, and nothing else.

Adding to what Ella said, you may perhaps try disabling your anti-virus completely, before re-applying the Ultimate fix. But that's it, as far as explanations go.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jul 2014, 02:32

Literally just steps 2-4? I'll do that as soon as I finish downloading the Ultimate Fix again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 Jul 2014, 21:57

andierpa wrote:Literally just steps 2-4? I'll do that as soon as I finish downloading the Ultimate Fix again.

Yes, only that and nothing else. Keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top