Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird family glitch? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weird family glitch? [SOLVED] Empty Weird family glitch? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2014, 15:12

Hello,
This isn't exactly a "top" priority glitch, but it's one that I have never encountered before. Recently, I did a clean reinstall of all sims 3 games, and deleted absolutely everything because when I removed mods my map was broke. Anyway, needless to say I fixed it and have had no issues until now. I have Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, and University Life installed. I have no mods or custom content installed. Anyhow, I have been playing this family for a very long time, 4 sim weeks to be exact. However, I just now noticed this issue when I was playing. (I don't know when it occured because 5 kids keeps you busy 24/7, so.) 
My sim's lifetime wish is Surrounded by family, which she has 5 kids right now. The problem is: only their first born child shows up as a child. Kayleigh, the first born shows up as like an only daughter on the family tree. Her 4 siblings, Garrett, and the triplets, Addison, Aiden, and Ashton do not show up on the family tree whatsoever. None of them are sibilings, none of them are related to their parents. They are strangers besides being friends because I raised them all from a baby when she had them. The mother and father are also married if that makes a difference and have been since before the first child. Is there anyway to fix this issue? Like I said, I have never ever encountered or even heard of this issue. It's not because she didn't have them, lol she had all 5 in the hospital, no adoptions. I wanted to post a couple screenshots as well. If anyone could give me a fix it would be great. I really do not want to use mods, but if I must I will. Thanks for all the help. Smile

Screenshot 1:
Weird family glitch? [SOLVED] Screen10
Screenshot 2:
Weird family glitch? [SOLVED] Screen11
Screenshot 3:
Weird family glitch? [SOLVED] Screen12

Back to top Go down

Weird family glitch? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Weird family glitch? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Feb 2014, 09:29

erela wrote:Hello,
This isn't exactly a "top" priority glitch, but it's one that I have never encountered before. Recently, I did a clean reinstall of all sims 3 games, and deleted absolutely everything because when I removed mods my map was broke. Anyway, needless to say I fixed it and have had no issues until now. I have Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, and University Life installed. I have no mods or custom content installed. Anyhow, I have been playing this family for a very long time, 4 sim weeks to be exact. However, I just now noticed this issue when I was playing. (I don't know when it occured because 5 kids keeps you busy 24/7, so.) 
My sim's lifetime wish is Surrounded by family, which she has 5 kids right now. The problem is: only their first born child shows up as a child. Kayleigh, the first born shows up as like an only daughter on the family tree. Her 4 siblings, Garrett, and the triplets, Addison, Aiden, and Ashton do not show up on the family tree whatsoever. None of them are sibilings, none of them are related to their parents. They are strangers besides being friends because I raised them all from a baby when she had them. The mother and father are also married if that makes a difference and have been since before the first child. Is there anyway to fix this issue? Like I said, I have never ever encountered or even heard of this issue. It's not because she didn't have them, lol she had all 5 in the hospital, no adoptions. I wanted to post a couple screenshots as well. If anyone could give me a fix it would be great. I really do not want to use mods, but if I must I will. Thanks for all the help. Smile

Screenshot 1:
Screenshot 2:
Screenshot 3:

Hello erela,

Try installing the latest version of the NRAAS_MasterController mod (the version that is compatible with your base game version).

Now click on Kayleigh (Frio); or choose any other sim for the "starting point" of your family tree repair.  geek

Now, when you click on Kayleigh, go to NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Advanced -> Family -> Add child. (under "family" you'll find similar options, like "add sibling" which might be interesting too, for the future). Of course, if you choose one of the kids, you'll have to choose "add parent" and "add sibling" too, but for now, I'll choose Kayleigh as the starting point.

Now, a large list with "filters" will pop up, by which you can narrow down the sim, you want to choose....

And then, look if there's an option called "second name/surname" (I'm not 100% sure if it's called that way in the English-language version of the mod). Then type in "Frio". If you then confirm "Frio", a small(er) list with sims will show up, showing (hopefully) your Frio family. Choose a kid and confirm it with this button at the bottom of the window.

If you then look into your family tree, you should have repaired part of that tree. You may have to repeat this process, until the tree is complete again. Very Happy 

For the future, try installing NRAAS_Overwatch too, which *can* possibly prevent further changes to your family tree. Also, make sure to regularly backup ALL your savefiles (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves) to a safe place, as this can be an indicator of savegame corruption too. But don't worry in this case (too much); you probably would have realized stranger issues if there was a corruption of the save.

Hope this helps you ! Very Happy  And keep us updated.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 10:44

Carlos wrote:
erela wrote:Hello,

Screenshot 1:
Screenshot 2:
Screenshot 3:

Hello erela,

Try installing the latest version of the NRAAS_MasterController mod (the version that is compatible with your base game version).

Now click on Kayleigh (Frio); or choose any other sim for the "starting point" of your family tree repair.  geek

Now, when you click on Kayleigh, go to NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Advanced -> Family -> Add child. (under "family" you'll find similar options, like "add sibling" which might be interesting too, for the future). Of course, if you choose one of the kids, you'll have to choose "add parent" and "add sibling" too, but for now, I'll choose Kayleigh as the starting point.

Now, a large list with "filters" will pop up, by which you can narrow down the sim, you want to choose....

And then, look if there's an option called "second name/surname" (I'm not 100% sure if it's called that way in the English-language version of the mod). Then type in "Frio". If you then confirm "Frio", a small(er) list with sims will show up, showing (hopefully) your Frio family. Choose a kid and confirm it with this button at the bottom of the window.

If you then look into your family tree, you should have repaired part of that tree. You may have to repeat this process, until the tree is complete again. Very Happy 

For the future, try installing NRAAS_Overwatch too, which *can* possibly prevent further changes to your family tree. Also, make sure to regularly backup ALL your savefiles (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves) to a safe place, as this can be an indicator of savegame corruption too. But don't worry in this case (too much); you probably would have realized stranger issues if there was a corruption of the save.

Hope this helps you ! Very Happy  And keep us updated.
Alrighty, thanks Carlos! I'll try that and get back to you in a few minutes.

EDIT//
I can't find a family option like that anywhere. I can only find a family tree or adopt button. Sad

Last edited by erela on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 11:27; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Feb 2014, 10:49

erela wrote:Alrighty, thanks Carlos! I'll try that and get back to you in a few minutes.

Should it NOT work, then I'm afraid that I don't know any other solution. Wat. 

In that case, you'll just have to live with that glitch ! Razz 

//EDIT

erela wrote:

EDIT//
I can't find a family option like that anywhere. I can only find a family tree or adopt button. Sad

Hello again,

I'm sorry for that, but I forgot to mention that you also need NRAAS_MasterController Cheats for that option to work.  Facepalm  Get the latest version here: https://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Cheats+Phase+Twelve

So you not only need the "base mod" but also this "cheat module" of MasterController. So once you install that addition, the option should show up.

Other than that, there is nothing to add. Smile 

P.S. once you got a reply from another user, there's no need to edit your previous post. In that case, just post a new reply. Wink 

Last edited by Carlos on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 23:20; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 19:51

Thank you so much, I fixed it! Thanks for the tip as well, I'll keep that in mind Very Happy.  Now we have a giant family tree. :p

Mod edit: I'm closing the topic. PM me if you want to have it re-opened. Or make a new topic if you have anotehr question. Very Happy 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top