Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update Error: Invalid file Found

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update Error: Invalid file Found  Empty Update Error: Invalid file Found

Post by Guest Thu 27 Feb 2014, 13:06

Hey,
I was trying to update version 1.66 to 1.67 through installer and found a problem stating Update Error: Invalid file Found. 
So, tried using manual patch but the problem still persists. I don`t know what to do. My game did not even get updated. I tried this for several times using installer or manual patch, but no use. Please help me. 
 Help

Back to top Go down

Update Error: Invalid file Found  Empty Re: Update Error: Invalid file Found

Post by J.T. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 17:33

Hello,

Did you double-click on the manual patch to start patching? Do not place the manual patch in a folder and do nothing. You need to run the manual patch.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Feb 2014, 04:21

I did run the file as Administrator, no use the same error still prevails. I tried it deleting Mods, but no use.
What to do  Question

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 28 Feb 2014, 06:44

Hello,

I recommend you take a break, and then refresh your mind and start troubleshooting again. This way, with refreshed mind, you can think twice before acting and do not repeat the same mistakes again.

Either way, I reckon you have downloaded incremental patch from EA or Answer HQ instead? You might have downloaded the incremental patch (the patch for 1.66 only), and if you do not have the original TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll, it will never work. If possible, can you give us the name of the patch you have downloaded?

I strongly recommend you to (re-)download the manual patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch. After that, delete the one you have downloaded (like I said, you may have downloaded the inappropriate one).

Other than that, I am clueless. If the manual patch you downloaded from the above link doesn't solve your problem, download and install Teamviewer and then send a private message to any of (The Sims) Helpers or Moderators asking for Teamviewer assistance. In case you do not know what Teamviewer is, it is an application allowing us to temporarily take control of your pc, so that we can (possibly) know the root of the problem.

Good luck with that and keep us posted. Wink
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 May 2014, 13:04

Yay I'm extremely sorry for being very late.  
And thanks for the solution it worked.  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top