Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot update game to 1.57. Error: invalid file found. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot update game to 1.57.  Error:  invalid file found. [SOLVED] Empty Cannot update game to 1.57. Error: invalid file found. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 02:20

When I try to update my game to version 1.57, an error message pops up that says "Update error:  invalid file found."  I have downloaded the manual patch and the updated version of the ultimate fix.  What else can I do?  Thanks in advance for any help!

Back to top Go down

Cannot update game to 1.57.  Error:  invalid file found. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot update game to 1.57. Error: invalid file found. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Tue 17 Sep 2013, 02:30

Hello,

Please download the latest manual patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch. I don't think the ones you downloaded is the manual patch. It is the incremental patch that is available in Answer HQ right? My advice is, don't apply it unless you have applied the latest #crack in the Ultimate Fix (updated when patch 1.57 is out. If you didn't download a new one after patch 1.57, please download it) first.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Cannot update game to 1.57.  Error:  invalid file found. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot update game to 1.57. Error: invalid file found. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 03:25

I just downloaded the manual patch you linked me to and it still gives me the same error message.  Sad  I applied the crack before I made this post as well.  I is confused

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 17 Sep 2013, 05:23

Hello,

There area actually a few options available. Open the Ultimate Fix and drag and drop the content of the folder "All expansions after Generations and including Generations" to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Redownload the manual patch and apply the redownloaded one. Afterwards, apply the #crack of the Ultimate Fix to the same folder. See if this works.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 03:46

So I've dropped the files from the "All expansions afer..." folder, downloaded the patch, and then dropped the files from the cracked folder into the Bin and it still gives me the error.  Sad  Is there anything I need to do with the patch after I download it?  Maybe I'm missing something here.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:27

Hello,

You'll have to double-click the patch to install it, after that, place the crack again and you should be good to go Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 05:27

Wow, such a simple solution and it was so lost on me.  I feel so silly!  Thank you so much for your help, it works now!  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 07:10

Hello,

Glad to hear it works! Topic closed.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top