Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Sim 3 keep on RANDOMLY CRASHED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Sim 3 keep on RANDOMLY CRASHED Empty My Sim 3 keep on RANDOMLY CRASHED

Post by Guest Sat 01 Mar 2014, 21:58

After doing all the tips on this link https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014, my SIM 3 still keep on crashing randomly. Im getting so frustrated because of this. Is there anyone that can help me out with this.

Dxdiag:

Moderator edit: Topic moved to the right section; spoiler included.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

My Sim 3 keep on RANDOMLY CRASHED Empty Re: My Sim 3 keep on RANDOMLY CRASHED

Post by Guest Sun 02 Mar 2014, 13:36

Hello, Very Happy
Even thought you have mentioned you tried all the steps of this article, it wouldn't hurt re-looking and re-doing it! Wink
Have you tried the 4GB patch?
If you haven't here's how:
FIRST OF ALL PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAM(S).
1. If your Windows is 64-bit and/or you have more than 4GB RAM download the patch from here.
2. Double-click on the patch
3.In the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Which is usually C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
After you're done that do this:
1. Go to MyDocuments/ElectronicArts/TheSims3
2. Then delete/do the following:
-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails" & "Currentgame.sims3"

Then you can try opening your game from TS3W.exe in your base game location. You could make a shortcut to wherever you want then running the game as an administrator and play for a while and see if the problem still occurs.
NOTE that this is not going to work if you have 32-bit and/or less than 4GB RAM.
Good luck! Wink 

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top