Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3 crashed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 crashed Empty The sims 3 crashed

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jun 2015, 14:53

Hi Admin, My The Sims 3 when in game loading, it will auto shut down my laptop. I have 4gb of space in drive C, and I had follow your instruction for Ultimate Fix, I also the step 2 add exe files to DEP exception. I only installed 11 expansion pack, I didn't install stuff pack.. I have no idea what problems now? Can you help me fix it?

Adapter Type : NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Adapter Information :
Chip Type : GeForce GT 650M
DAC Type : Intergrated RAMDAC
Adapter String : GeForce GT 650M
Bios Information :  Version 80.7.27.0.33

I think my laptop compatible to play Sims 3, because The Sims 4 works perfectly but sometimes will auto shutdown too, maybe laptop too hot.. But I have no idea with Sims 3.

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 crashed Empty Re: The sims 3 crashed

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:28

yah me too. Can anyone tell us, how to fix it? It works perfectly to me before but after a few min. the game crash or stopped working. I don't know why, i already try to use other method like go to my computer>properties and so on. but didn't work too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 17:42

If the laptop is completely shutting down, with no error messages, I would definitely suspect an overheating condition; Sims 3 is very resource intensive and will certainly raise the temperatures of the CPU and graphics chip.

As a test, elevate the laptop slightly from your desk - a paperback book under each side, for instance; if it no longer shuts off, or runs longer before shutting off, heat is probably the issue. If the system is more than a year old there is likely a dust buildup in the heat sinks and cooling vents; cleaning this is a job for a shop, unless you are very comfortable dismantling a laptop.

If you are using your laptop on a bed, sofa, even on your lap, you are partially blocking the air flow; for average use this isn't an issue, but for games it can definitely cause overheating. Use a serving tray, large book, piece of wood, etc. under the laptop to help with airflow. Or something like this passive stand - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/latosta_laptop_stand/

If you routinely run resource intensive programs consider an active cooling stand such as http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=laptop+stand+with+cooling+fans

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 19:01

jgf wrote:If the laptop is completely shutting down, with no error messages, I would definitely suspect an overheating condition;  Sims 3 is very resource intensive and will certainly raise the temperatures of the CPU and graphics chip.

As a test, elevate the laptop slightly from your desk - a paperback book under each side, for instance;  if it no longer shuts off, or runs longer before shutting off, heat is probably the issue.  If the system is more than a year old there is likely a dust buildup in the heat sinks and cooling vents;  cleaning this is a job for a shop, unless you are very comfortable dismantling a laptop.

If you are using your laptop on a bed, sofa, even on your lap, you are partially blocking the air flow;  for average use this isn't an issue, but for games it can definitely cause overheating.  Use a serving tray, large book, piece of wood, etc. under the laptop to help with airflow.  Or something like this passive stand  - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/latosta_laptop_stand/

If you routinely run resource intensive programs consider an active cooling stand such as http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=laptop+stand+with+cooling+fans

But I already using a laptop cooler, even I played online games my laptop didn't auto shutdown for hours. Shocked Only Sims 3 will shutdown automatically.. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 17:57

A spontaneous shutdown or restart with no error message is usually a hardware issue, software problems almost always generate some message (such As BSOD). Check your windows error logs, hopefully they catch something before the crash (my first thought here being a memory issue).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Jun 2015, 03:03

Cindx95x wrote:
But I already using a laptop cooler, even I played online games my laptop didn't auto shutdown for hours. Shocked Only Sims 3 will shutdown automatically.. Why God.

In the end though, you will need to bring the laptop to a computer repair service. If you still have a warranty on the computer, you may not have to pay (much) for the repair. If there is no warranty, it will definitely cost you something though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top