Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! Game crashes after updating to the latest version! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! Game crashes after updating to the latest version! [SOLVED] Empty Help! Game crashes after updating to the latest version! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 09:40

After updating the sims, everytime when the game is on the loading screen, the sims will crash. I follow every step on the ultimate fix guide. Please help i don't know  what to do?

Back to top Go down

Help! Game crashes after updating to the latest version! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help! Game crashes after updating to the latest version! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Oct 2013, 09:44

eliza981 wrote:After updating the sims, everytime when the game is on the loading screen, the sims will crash. I follow every step on the ultimate fix guide. Please help i don't know  what to do?
Hello,

Are you using any mods ? If yes, did you make sure they are compatible withe the latest base game version 1.63 ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Help! Game crashes after updating to the latest version! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help! Game crashes after updating to the latest version! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 10:22

Yes but When I play the game, I didn't use any mods.
I place the mods in a file.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 20 Oct 2013, 10:33

eliza981 wrote:Yes but When I play the game, I didn't use any mods.
I place the mods in a file.
Are you sure you have moved the folder "Mods" from C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to somewhere else? If not, please try moving it to somewhere.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 10:38

Ya. By the way, is it normal to have script error in C:\Users\(computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\the sims 3?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Oct 2013, 11:09

eliza981 wrote:Ya. By the way, is it normal to have script error in C:\Users\(computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\the sims 3?
I'm not sure, but what do you mean by that "script error" ?

I actually wanted to avoid this, but let's try it: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" into anything you like. Then try to re-start the game. If it works, then the problem was most likely some custom content or mod.

Let us know the result. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 11:39

There a script error found in my electronic arts sims 3 folder. The script error is call'ScriptError_PCS_10-14-2013_18-34-46_582542C4. And no... My sims still crashes

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Oct 2013, 11:48

eliza981 wrote:There a script error found in my electronic arts sims 3 folder. The script error is call'ScriptError_PCS_10-14-2013_18-34-46_582542C4. And no... My sims still crashes
You can still try the suggestions posted here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

If you plan on using the "4 GB patch", then apply it to the TS3W.exe in the base game location. (doubloe-click on the patch and choose this TS3W.exe when prompted to choose an .exe).

Beyond that, I'm not sure what the problem could be. Maybe I will have to do some research or testing...

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 13:42

sorry but these methods didn't work. and now when I click the play button on the sims 3, it will start but with a black creen then it return back to mt computer desktop and I must click the sims to get it running agn. Is this a sign of a problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Oct 2013, 03:56

eliza981 wrote:sorry but these methods didn't work. and now when I click the play button on the sims 3, it will start but with a black creen then it return back to mt computer desktop and I must click the sims to get it running agn. Is this a sign of a problem?
Sorry for the delay, but does your game still crash ?

The problem might be a corrupt(ed) save file, cache file or similar. Did you already try to rename the folder "The Sims 3" (in My Documents/Electronic Arts), into anything you like ? Do this.

Now, restart the game, make a new savegame for now and try it. Let me know the result, so that we can investigate further. Good luck ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2013, 03:08

hi, ya but it didn't work:/ I uninstall all the game and install it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Nov 2013, 03:41

eliza981 wrote:hi, ya but it didn't work:/ I uninstall all the game and install it.
I'm sorry to hear that. Sad  If you really want to try a clean-uninstall, then follow this guide here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Re-boot your computer after the un-install !

Then, follow this guide here for re-installing the games: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Let us know if that worked. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2013, 02:30

hi. thanks a lot. It work perfectly ^^

Helper Edit: That's good to know. Happy simming! Smile

-J.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top