Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 - Mac - Can't install any expansions!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 - Mac - Can't install any expansions! Empty The Sims 3 - Mac - Can't install any expansions!

Post by Guest Sat 15 Mar 2014, 16:42

Hi, I've been trying to install the sims 3 with Late Night, Supernatural and University Life for a few days now but I can't seem to get past installing the base game.

Whenever I try, following the rules on your website, I get told that I don't have the sims 3 installed...

Can anyone offer some tips or a download I can use to break past this irritating barrier.

Mod edit: Topic moved to "Mac support".

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - Mac - Can't install any expansions! Empty Re: The Sims 3 - Mac - Can't install any expansions!

Post by Phoebe Sat 15 Mar 2014, 20:03

Hello,

Which version of the Base Game you're using? If you use pre-installed and cracked version, you wouldn't have had that problem. Please download this version: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5061019/The_Sims_3_(Mac__cracked)

After the download is complete, all you need to do is putting the Sims 3 app into your Applications folder and you'll be ready to install other games.

Just make sure creating .dmg file before trying to install the Expansion Packs. Also, please read our Mac Installation guide.

If you need any problem, just let me know.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - Mac - Can't install any expansions! Empty Re: The Sims 3 - Mac - Can't install any expansions!

Post by Guest Sat 15 Mar 2014, 21:15

Hi, I downloaded the base game from the link you just posted Phoebe, and seemed to install the base game and some EP's and SP's fine, yet for some reason I think I cracked it wrong. I followed the instructions on how to convert pc files to .dmg ones and have been able to do so easily thus far. The problem I'm having is that the rest of the EP's I'm trying to install can't due to the installer not opening. Do I re-install everything or just the base game?I'm new to Mac and I've successfully installed everything from Mods to all EP'S,SP'S and packages on PC. Please and Thank you

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - Mac - Can't install any expansions! Empty Solved

Post by Guest Sat 15 Mar 2014, 23:47

Hey, thanks for the reply but I managed it by downloading an iso and loading that instead. Updates seem to work fine now Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 16 Mar 2014, 10:15

manb91uk wrote:Hey, thanks for the reply but I managed it by downloading an iso and loading that instead. Updates seem to work fine now Very Happy

Hello,
Good to hear it's working for you now. Please let me know if you need anything else. Happy simming! The Sims 3 plumbob 

uxx0812 wrote:Hi, I downloaded the base game from the link you just posted Phoebe, and seemed to install the base game and some EP's and SP's fine, yet for some reason I think I cracked it wrong. I followed the instructions on how to convert pc files to .dmg ones and have been able to do so easily thus far. The problem I'm having is that the rest of the EP's I'm trying to install can't due to the installer not opening. Do I re-install everything or just the base game?I'm new to Mac and I've successfully installed everything from Mods to all EP'S,SP'S and packages on PC. Please and Thank you

Hello,
Whit which EPs you're having problem with? Are you sure you succesfully created working .dmg files?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar 2014, 10:03

I pulled an all nighter and managed to figure it out from other posts and tips on here, now I just wish I could drag all my mods from my pc to the mods folder on my mac but I don't think its possible. Is it? I have a TON of mods that were all recently updated on my pc. Just that the format is different for the files on mac Sad. If not ill have to find all the sites i got my mods from again...

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 17 Mar 2014, 11:00

Hello,
You can use the same mods with your Mac, the files are the same. I have the same mods both in my PC and Mac Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Mar 2014, 20:56

I am having this exact problem with downloading expansions - as it says that I do not have the Sims 3 downloaded - although I followed that guide and installed it/dragged it into my Applications folder - I am unable to get past the Installer/error message when I try to download expansions! 
@man91uk, how did you exactly fix your problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 24 Mar 2014, 15:36

Hello,

Are you sure you're trying to install the expansions at the same place that you have base game? Please be sure that you have them at the same place, or create a special file for Sims 3 games only and try installing all in it.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top