Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot install Sims 4 expansions - No file to install games [iso/exe/ etc]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot install Sims 4 expansions - No file to install games [iso/exe/ etc] Empty Cannot install Sims 4 expansions - No file to install games [iso/exe/ etc]

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:39

Alrighty, so I downloaded Sims 4, Get together, and Get to Work from this site. But the thing is, they didn't contain any way to install the games [.iso files, or setup file]. I upgraded my version of Winrar to see if that could drag the files out, but no luck. All I get is the standard files you have to drag into the installation location later. Am I doing missing something obvious?

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Last edited by Bandita on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 03:17; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Cannot install Sims 4 expansions - No file to install games [iso/exe/ etc] Empty Re: Cannot install Sims 4 expansions - No file to install games [iso/exe/ etc]

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun 2016, 11:27

Hello, and welcome to the forum,  Very Happy
to install The Sims 4 you need to follow this guide. You need to downoad WinRar.
Then download Base Game->Get to Work->Get Together->Hotfix. Then right-click on .rar and click extract here. Be sure to create new folder and then copy .rar file to new folder and extract .rar file. Example: Create folder Base Game, copy .rar file of base game, right-click on .rar file and click "Extract here". Do same for expansions. Then install game using previously linked guide.

Mod edit: moved to the correct section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Cannot install Sims 4 expansions - No file to install games [iso/exe/ etc] Empty Re: Cannot install Sims 4 expansions - No file to install games [iso/exe/ etc]

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2016, 01:11

Thanks for the reply! I do have Winrar, but when I download and extract each .rar file, there is no way to install the actual games. For the first game there is a setup file I can click to install, but the other extracted files for the other games do not have anything I can use to just install the games. Here, I'll show a picture of what I get when I extract 'Get Together.'

I understand what to do with moving the files around post install, but it's the install that I'm stuck on I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2016, 03:21

You only need to install (using the .exe) the base game.  The expansions you just unzip and place, then apply the hotfix to.  You can't find an .exe or an .iso because there isn't one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:44

To install Get to Work, Get Together and Hotfix you need to unrar them and copy in C:\Program Files(x86)\The Sims 4. You can follow more detailed instructions in #InstallationGuide which is in extracted folder of expansions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top