Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to load Oasis Landing + Game crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to load Oasis Landing + Game crash Empty Unable to load Oasis Landing + Game crash

Post by Guest Mon 24 Mar 2014, 19:35

Hello. 

I can sometimes play the Sims for hours before my game crashes and other times it crashes as soon as the game starts. (After the household has been loaded)

Well, I kind of accepted it for a bit, but another issue, is making it less tolerable. My sim either gets stuck when trying to Inspect Portal or when I try to enter Oasis Landing (In Edit Town) the loading screen is there but it does not actually load. 

Got any suggestions as to what I can do to fix these issues? 

Thanks in advance  Very Happy

//EDIT

I have Windows 8
Intel Core i5
6 GB RAM
64-bit operating system
And about 35 GB Free space

Back to top Go down

Unable to load Oasis Landing + Game crash Empty Re: Unable to load Oasis Landing + Game crash

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Mar 2014, 19:29

MrOrangePony wrote:Hello. 

I can sometimes play the Sims for hours before my game crashes and other times it crashes as soon as the game starts. (After the household has been loaded)

Well, I kind of accepted it for a bit, but another issue, is making it less tolerable. My sim either gets stuck when trying to Inspect Portal or when I try to enter Oasis Landing (In Edit Town) the loading screen is there but it does not actually load. 

Got any suggestions as to what I can do to fix these issues? 

Thanks in advance  Very Happy

//EDIT

I have Windows 8
Intel Core i5
6 GB RAM
64-bit operating system
And about 35 GB Free space

Hello,

Now, have a look at this other topic here and do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Focus on steps #2 and #3 in particular !

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory. Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3.

As for the sim getting stuck while inspecting the portal, are you using any mods ? If yes, have you tried taking out all mods ? You could even try to rename the folder "The Sims 3" (see step #1 in the guide I linked to, above). Then re-start the game for a fresh attempt.

Good luck for now, but the travelling system in The Sims 3 is heavily glitched, and EA isn't going to fix it, I guess.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to load Oasis Landing + Game crash Empty Re: Unable to load Oasis Landing + Game crash

Post by Guest Wed 26 Mar 2014, 20:06

Thank you! Let me do all of those and I'll get back to you, whether or not it works. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top