Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes when trying to move family into household.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes when trying to move family into household. Empty Game crashes when trying to move family into household.

Post by Guest Fri 28 Mar 2014, 13:11

Okay, I am so frustrated. I have been trying to make a Pets LP with my family and I get to the point where I am moving my family in and it pops up to live mode for like a moment and crashes. I have tried DEP and other fixes, but it still doesn't work. Pleease help me!

Back to top Go down

Game crashes when trying to move family into household. Empty Re: Game crashes when trying to move family into household.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 30 Mar 2014, 08:44

skyeheartz wrote:Okay, I am so frustrated. I have been trying to make a Pets LP with my family and I get to the point where I am moving my family in and it pops up to live mode for like a moment and crashes. I have tried DEP and other fixes, but it still doesn't work. Pleease help me!

Hello,

Just to make sure: have another look at this here and (re-)do the steps from #2 to #4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Now, even if you say you did "everything right", have another look at this other topic here and do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3. You might even try lowering a few graphics settings in the in-game options menu. Un-installing/re-installing may be an option, but if you don't do it correctly, it can make matters worse.

Good luck !

P.S. if you feel the need to add anything to your original message, please click on the "edit"-button in the top right corner of your post (after the message is posted). Posting multiple times in a row is considered like spamming on here. I will just delete any "bump" posts, and besides, if you really are in need of help very quickly, please use the search function - as far as I'm concerned, I am here answering posts when I can. And the same goes for all of the other Helpers/Mods too. But I cannot get back to all posts immediately after they are posted on here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game crashes when trying to move family into household. Empty Re: Game crashes when trying to move family into household.

Post by Guest Mon 31 Mar 2014, 12:27

thanks. I don't have much time in the week so I'll definitely try this asap.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Apr 2014, 21:58

skyeheartz wrote:thanks. I don't have much time in the week so I'll definitely try this asap.

Indeed, feel free to report back when you are done. Take your time when reading through everything. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 02 Apr 2014, 18:23

Another thought, does this also happen on families that are already in the game? Like, have you tried loading up one of those pre-made and established families? If you haven't tried yet, you might want to. Then you can see if it's the moving in, or the live mode that's making the game crash.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Apr 2014, 13:40

Its in a new family. I recently reinstalled my game because of this problem, made a new family, tried to move them in and it crashes before it goes to live mode. I guess I can see if I can chose a pre-exhisting family.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 04 Apr 2014, 04:31

skyeheartz wrote:Its in a new family. I recently reinstalled my game because of this problem, made a new family, tried to move them in and it crashes before it goes to live mode. I guess I can see if I can chose a pre-exhisting family.

I think invalidusername wanted to say that this crashing might be more likely happening with (some) pre-existing families, rather than newly created ones. So the fact that this happens in your newly created family could be a setback, but let's see.

Have you now tried all the steps I described in my first reply ? Is everything clear or should I elaborate on anything ?

Also, can you try starting the game from the TS3W.exe in your base game location ? Usually that's in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. In particular, right-click on that file and choose "run as Administrator", if you have Windows Vista or a later Windows OS. For your convenience, try making a shortcut to the desktop from that file. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Apr 2014, 10:11

I just thought I'd let you know that I chose a family that was already in the town and it sent me to live mode, normally, with no crashes.

Wait.. I may have spoke too soon. I tried choosing a household I liked more after that and it crashed. Anyway, there's a lot of steps to go through up there. I guess I'll have to get started..

ALRIGHT, I started and I have a question. For the DEP fixes, it has this list

Sims 3 base game:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\[Add ALL of the .exe files from this folders to the DEP exceptions!] (You can also include the .exe files from the "Packs" folder, in \\Game\Bin)

World Adventures:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\[Add ALL of the .exe files from this folders to the DEP exceptions!]

High-End Loft Stuff:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin\[Add ALL of the .exe files from this folders to the DEP exceptions!]

Ambitions:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin\[Add ALL of the .exe files from this folders to the DEP exceptions!]

Fast Lane Stuff:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff\Game\Bin\[Add ALL of the .exe files from this folders to the DEP exceptions!]

Late Night:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin\[Add ALL of the .exe files from this folders to the DEP exceptions!]

Outdoor Living Stuff:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff\Game\Bin\[Add ALL of the .exe files from this folders to the DEP exceptions!]

Generations & Town Life Stuff & Pets:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\[Add ALL of the .exe files from this folders to the DEP exceptions!]

If I have all the expansion packs, and they're not here, do I add those or only the ones there?

//EDIT

I just tried a lot of those fixes and it still crashes Game crashes when trying to move family into household. Browse

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:31

So it worked on one family but not another. That's odd. Is it still crashing at the same point? And, is it in a specific world that you keep trying? Also, do the families that you select have pets?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 05 Apr 2014, 01:33

I'll just assume for now that your computer is actually strong enough to handle the game and all expansions (if in doubt, please google for "can you run it", and let your computer get "scanned" there for The Sims 3).

Does it make a difference if you lower some graphics settings, in the in-game options menu ? Start with resolution, edge smoothing and lot detail.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Apr 2014, 03:26

invalidusername wrote:So it worked on one family but not another. That's odd. Is it still crashing at the same point? And, is it in a specific world that you keep trying? Also, do the families that you select have pets?

Yes, it crashes just as the game is about to transition into live mode. And yes, the families do have pets. But, the first family I tried was one sim and she had a cat and it worked. I have been trying in Appaloosa Plains because that's where I want to play.

Carlos wrote:I'll just assume for now that your computer is actually strong enough to handle the game and all expansions (if in doubt, please google for "can you run it", and let your computer get "scanned" there for The Sims 3).

Does it make a difference if you lower some graphics settings, in the in-game options menu ? Start with resolution, edge smoothing and lot detail.

It is, this is the result I get:
Game crashes when trying to move family into household. Mp_7
As you can see, my computer is more than qualified to run the sims 3. This is why the crash is so frustrating. I guess I can try lower the graphics settings.

Alright, so I changed some graphics settings around. A lot of them were on low and edge smoothing was off, high detail lots on 1. Still crashed.

Another update. Got to move my family in, obviously saved right away. I got I would guess perhaps about 40 minutes of gameplay in before another crash.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Apr 2014, 16:23

Hello,

I'm not sure if I suggested it already, but do you have enough filespace on your hard-drive ? If not, please free up some space. Also, if you haven't done so yet, try defragmenting the hard-drive too. Next, delete again the contents of Currentgame.sims3 (see my first reply); this should be done after every crash.

Beyond that, there isn't too much else to suggest I'm afraid, but I may get back to you if I remember anything else (or another Helper will).

//EDIT

See for how long you can actually play the game until it crashes. Does it always crash after ~ 40 minutes or does it take place sooner or later sometimes ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Apr 2014, 11:01

Ok, thanks for getting back to me. I'll try freeing up some space and defragmenting my hard drive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top