Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 crashes / freezes to desktop- 'windows error' READ ALL KNOWN FIXES. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 crashes / freezes to desktop- 'windows error' READ ALL KNOWN FIXES. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 crashes / freezes to desktop- 'windows error' READ ALL KNOWN FIXES. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Mar 2014, 22:30

THIS IS IMPORTANT. I CANNOT REMEMBER HOW I HAVE SOLVED THIS ISSUE BEFORE!
I recently downloaded the torrent version (games4theworld's version) of island paradise- it installed nicely and I could cope with that. Unfortunately it would not load, it developed the crash/freeze and windows error whenever I attempted to open any world, both saved and new. I uninstalled Island Paradise, and used the ultimate fix on my base game. So it now all opens fine to my latest (shop bought fully legal) EP, being university. However- I still cannot open worlds without the crash/freeze.

IMPORTANT

• PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT DEP. I HAVE DONE IT SEVERAL TIMES IT HAS NOT WORKED.
  • I HAVE USED ULTIMATE FIX.
  • I HAVE UNINSTALLED AND INSTALLED.
  • REMOVED MODS & DOWNLOADS, CURRENTLY NONE IN FOLDERS.

I avoided torrented versions of the game for so long due to fear of something going wrong- and it has. I am mentally kicking myself. This is not to blame the admins.

Please. Please help. Otherwise I have wasted over £100 pounds of PC games.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashes / freezes to desktop- 'windows error' READ ALL KNOWN FIXES. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 crashes / freezes to desktop- 'windows error' READ ALL KNOWN FIXES. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 06:09

did u try re-installing just the base game ?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashes / freezes to desktop- 'windows error' READ ALL KNOWN FIXES. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 crashes / freezes to desktop- 'windows error' READ ALL KNOWN FIXES. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2014, 11:45

I would but eugh my PC  download speed is ridddiiicccuuulouuussss I am hoping I don't have to as it's never fixed it before?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Mar 2014, 08:45

so u dont have the base game?  Shocked 
if u have the base game just install that (only base game)and try to play (start a new game) 
Idea remb. only the base game!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 31 Mar 2014, 08:51

drewjchaos wrote:THIS IS IMPORTANT. I CANNOT REMEMBER HOW I HAVE SOLVED THIS ISSUE BEFORE!
I recently downloaded the torrent version (games4theworld's version) of island paradise- it installed nicely and I could cope with that. Unfortunately it would not load, it developed the crash/freeze and windows error whenever I attempted to open any world, both saved and new. I uninstalled Island Paradise, and used the ultimate fix on my base game. So it now all opens fine to my latest (shop bought fully legal) EP, being university. However- I still cannot open worlds without the crash/freeze.

IMPORTANT

• PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT DEP. I HAVE DONE IT SEVERAL TIMES IT HAS NOT WORKED.
  • I HAVE USED ULTIMATE FIX.
  • I HAVE UNINSTALLED AND INSTALLED.
  • REMOVED MODS & DOWNLOADS, CURRENTLY NONE IN FOLDERS.

I avoided torrented versions of the game for so long due to fear of something going wrong- and it has. I am mentally kicking myself. This is not to blame the admins.

Please. Please help. Otherwise I have wasted over £100 pounds of PC games.

Now, even if you say you did "everything right", have another look at this other topic here and do step #3: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3. You might even try lowering a few graphics settings in the in-game options menu. Un-installing/re-installing /the base game) may be an option, but if you don't do it correctly, it can make matters worse. And besides, it's rather rare that you have to do that, but of course, that's still an option.

Good luck !

AradentRope3 wrote:so u dont have the base game?  Shocked 
if u have the base game just install that (only base game)and try to play (start a new game) 
Idea remb. only the base game!

No, that's probably not what the OP intended to say. It is technically impossible to install expansions without the base game. And besides, after un-installing the base game, you should re-boot the computer, and then re-install.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Mar 2014, 19:39

Uh sorry- yes I have the base game?
To clarify my PC specs are 8gb RAM, 64-bit, dual graphics AMD blahblah

uh I can try these steps, thanks. I'll leave a message when done, but I personally don't believe it's the quality of the game I am running in >< I'll 4GB patch and see though. That one is new!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 31 Mar 2014, 19:44

drewjchaos wrote:Uh sorry- yes I have the base game?
To clarify my PC specs are 8gb RAM, 64-bit, dual graphics AMD blahblah

uh I can try these steps again, I guess. For the 3rd or 4th time, I'll leave a message when done.

Calm down. Wink 

First of all, these steps are partially misleading, and secondly hardly anybody knows how to apply the "4 GB patch" (step #3), which I elaborated on in my previous reply. From a technical point of view, there is not much else to say beyond what I wrote, if you insist you did everything right.

You might try un-installing the base game only and then re-boot the computer. After that re-install the base game and then re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And that's it from me, I guess. Good luck, but there isn't really much more left for me to add.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Mar 2014, 19:47

Thanks >< I was a little harsh, just stressy at my game;) I'm trying the game now to have a looksie! Thanks Razz

//EDIT

APPEARS SOLVED. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Sims 3 crashes / freezes to desktop- 'windows error' READ ALL KNOWN FIXES. [SOLVED] Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Mar 2014, 20:08

What he said.

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Smile

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top