Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about installing Expansions if I have the Base Game Disc. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about installing Expansions if I have the Base Game Disc. [SOLVED] Empty Question about installing Expansions if I have the Base Game Disc. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 18 Apr 2014, 23:18

I have the Sims 3 Base Game on Disc that I bought retail when it first came out.  The game has been updated to 1.67 through the Launcher already.  I downloaded all the expansions and installed them following the The Sims 3 Update / Ultimate Fix- Installation Guide exactly.  It is still asking for the Into the Future disc when trying to start the game through the Launcher.  Can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong.  I am on Windows 8.1.

Back to top Go down

Question about installing Expansions if I have the Base Game Disc. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Question about installing Expansions if I have the Base Game Disc. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Sat 19 Apr 2014, 02:38

Hello,

This error message usually indicate that you have done something wrong during the step of applying the Ultimate Fix.

Can you show me the screenshot of this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3? Modified dates and time of the files inside this folder must be shown. That will be really helpful for solving your problem.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Question about installing Expansions if I have the Base Game Disc. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Question about installing Expansions if I have the Base Game Disc. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 19 Apr 2014, 03:23

I tried a complete uninstall of the game and all expansions and reinstalled them all again and the same thing happened.  Here is the screenshot.

Question about installing Expansions if I have the Base Game Disc. [SOLVED] Captur10

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 19 Apr 2014, 03:24

Hello,

What I meant is C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, but somehow I have typed it wrongly.

Can you show a screenshot of that folder please?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 19 Apr 2014, 03:41

Hello,

Assuming you do have the latest version of the game (which is 1.67), the dates modified of TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll are not really "up-to-date", which means you didn't apply the Ultimate Fix correctly.

First of all, please re-download the Ultimate Fix, and then open the folder # Crack in the Ultimate Fix, drag and drop the content of this folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace the files when necessary. Please bear in mind that the application of other files inside the Ultimate Fix are not required.

At last, run the game to see if the problem persists or not. Keep us posted!
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Apr 2014, 03:58

You rock!  That worked.  So you mean I did not even need to copy the .dll and .exe files for the expansion packs I installed.  I only need the files in the #Crack folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 19 Apr 2014, 04:17

keaddy wrote:You rock!  That worked.  So you mean I did not even need to copy the .dll and .exe files for the expansion packs I installed.  I only need the files in the #Crack folder?

Hello,

Yes, you are right. Next time if you want to install The Sims 3 on another pc/the same pc, follow exactly this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly . Do not do anything additional or skip any steps, and you will be fine.

Before I close this topic, do you have any other questions?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Apr 2014, 04:46

No more questions, J.T.  Thank you very much for your help.  Have a fantastic evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Apr 2014, 06:06

omg me too! exact same issue!

Helper Edit: I've seen you make multiple posts under other topics for many times. Please DO NOT spam or you will receive a warning. Should you have any questions, feel free to open a topic in either The Sims 3 Download Support or The Sims 3 In-game Problems sections.

Since the original poster stated that the problem is solved, this topic is closed.

-J.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Apr 2014, 19:43

thesimsmama wrote:omg me too! exact same issue!

Helper Edit: (...)

-J.T.

Hello,

I don't think there is a need for any warning yet. Wink  Just go into the "The Sims (3) downloads support (PC)"-subforum, and click on the button "New thread", in the top left of the page. That way, you'll have your own topic.

We prefer people opening new topics for their issues, because that way we can provide better individul support. Plus, it's easier to follow these topics than topics in which there are several people asking for help. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top