Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 object failure (Roaring Heights Fixer upper)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 object failure (Roaring Heights Fixer upper) Empty Sims 3 object failure (Roaring Heights Fixer upper)

Post by Guest Mon 21 Apr 2014, 15:04

Ok, So I downloaded and installed roaring heights. I followed the directions to a T and everything seemed to be working. I bought the fixer upper and placed it down.  It looked good and was working but I noticed that the spray bottle for the paint is missing and when I complete the care it turns into a gray box with (Object Failure)  Now I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and that didnt work,  Any one have any fixes or ideas?     Also I have searched the forums for answers, I saw a thread with the same problem as me but it was un solved so not much help.    Help

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 object failure (Roaring Heights Fixer upper) Empty Re: Sims 3 object failure (Roaring Heights Fixer upper)

Post by Guest Mon 21 Apr 2014, 16:48

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 object failure (Roaring Heights Fixer upper) Empty Re: Sims 3 object failure (Roaring Heights Fixer upper)

Post by Guest Mon 21 Apr 2014, 18:37

V10R37 wrote:You need The Sims 3 “Store Fixes”
I have installed that and it still dont work..   All the other items are fine, Its just that blasted car...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 14:16

ShadowedGamer wrote:
I have installed that and it still dont work..   All the other items are fine, Its just that blasted car...
Do you have the latest? maybe the store fix you have is older...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Apr 2014, 01:40

V10R37 wrote:
ShadowedGamer wrote:
Do you have the latest? maybe the store fix you have is older...
I downloaded the store fix like three days ago. So I would assume its up to date.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Apr 2014, 15:15

Then I don't know... Last time I played, it was working on my PC.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Apr 2014, 20:26

ShadowedGamer wrote:Ok, So I downloaded and installed roaring heights. I followed the directions to a T and everything seemed to be working. I bought the fixer upper and placed it down.  It looked good and was working but I noticed that the spray bottle for the paint is missing and when I complete the care it turns into a gray box with (Object Failure)  Now I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and that didnt work,  Any one have any fixes or ideas?     Also I have searched the forums for answers, I saw a thread with the same problem as me but it was un solved so not much help.    Help

//MOVED

Hello,

Please re-read the instructions included in the fix files, and do them exactly as described. The "classic car" works flawlessly for me.

After you (correctly) re-applied the fix files, delete the scriptCache.package file, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3Re-start the game then, and test the car again. You may even sell the classical car, and then buy a new one - and try working on this new one then.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jun 2014, 16:50

Sorry to jump on someone elses thread but I'm having the same trouble, thanks to this thread I found the fix however the instructions aren't totally clear...

Can anyone clear up this for me please?

==> If you’re using .Sims3Pack files:

1. Place "ccmerged.package", "StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package", "StoreFix_DecrapFixes_TEMP.package", 
"StoreFix_Fixes.package" and "XMLs.package" in: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\.

2. Open (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup\ and find a .package file called "ccmerged.package".
If it’s not there, unrar "ccmerged.package" from this .rar file and place the .package file in this folder. 
NEVER RENAME THIS PACKAGE!

I've copied the files as (1) however in (2) I found the ccmerged.package and its there... What do I do with it? Am I supposed to replace it with the one in the zip file or just check its there?

Will I have to sell the fixer-upper and then buy it again etc or will it suddenly appear on restart?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Jun 2014, 03:47

totallytech wrote:Sorry to jump on someone elses thread but I'm having the same trouble, thanks to this thread I found the fix however the instructions aren't totally clear...

Can anyone clear up this for me please?

==> If you’re using .Sims3Pack files:

1. Place "ccmerged.package", "StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package", "StoreFix_DecrapFixes_TEMP.package", 
"StoreFix_Fixes.package" and "XMLs.package" in: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\.

2. Open (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup\ and find a .package file called "ccmerged.package".
If it’s not there, unrar "ccmerged.package" from this .rar file and place the .package file in this folder. 
NEVER RENAME THIS PACKAGE!

I've copied the files as (1) however in (2) I found the ccmerged.package and its there... What do I do with it? Am I supposed to replace it with the one in the zip file or just check its there?

Will I have to sell the fixer-upper and then buy it again etc or will it suddenly appear on restart?

Yes, you have to replace the old ccmerged.package with the NEW one from the fix. And yes, in the event that you still are getting issues after applying all fix-files correctly, sell the item(s) in question and buy new ones.

P.S. next time, please open a NEW thread for your issues instead of posting under someone else's (old) topic. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top