Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

green bar not finishing after selecting town

View previous topic View next topic Go down

green bar not finishing after selecting town Empty green bar not finishing after selecting town

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 05:29

so i posted this before but i think it was in the wrong forum as it was deleted but my installation works fine until i select the town and start loading then the green bar goes until there is about a pinky nail sized sliver of silver and it stops loading, the tips continue as does the music but nothing else, sometime it will stop responding other times it will show in task manager that it is still running, i have used the base game on my system with no issues, so im sure my system can run it but i need help in figuring out what could be causing the issue also no mods, antivirus cannot be disabled

Back to top Go down

green bar not finishing after selecting town Empty Re: green bar not finishing after selecting town

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:50

PhoenixRider wrote:so i posted this before but i think it was in the wrong forum as it was deleted but my installation works fine until i select the town and start loading then the green bar goes until there is about a pinky nail sized sliver of silver and it stops loading, the tips continue as does the music but nothing else, sometime it will stop responding other times it will show in task manager that it is still running, i have used the base game on my system with no issues, so im sure my system can run it but i need help in figuring out what could be causing the issue also no mods, antivirus cannot be disabled

Hello,

Are you sure you really don't have any mods ?

What is your anti-virus program ? And have you already tried disabling the "interactive loading screens" - in the in-game options menu ? Then re-load your savegame. And have you tried the same on FRESH savegames too ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

green bar not finishing after selecting town Empty Re: green bar not finishing after selecting town

Post by Guest Wed 30 Apr 2014, 23:21

im positive i have no mods installed it was a fresh install even used ccleaner to clean any old registry issues associated with my old install of just the base game, antivirus is avast free antivirus, and also this issue occurred on first run so no save games to delete or reload

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 03 May 2014, 16:15

PhoenixRider wrote:im positive i have no mods installed it was a fresh install even used ccleaner to clean any old registry issues associated with my old install of just the base game, antivirus is avast free antivirus, and also this issue occurred on first run so no save games to delete or reload

If you happen to have a folder named "Mods" (in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3), then please rename the folder or delete it. Smile  What about the thing with turning off the interactive loading screens - have you tried that one already ?

Now, have another  look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. 
Good luck !

Note: if you cannot seem to find one or more of these cache files I just mentioned, tehn just skip them, and go on with the rest. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 May 2014, 18:16

Hello! I have the same problem. I was wondering if it's normal for the game to take an extra 10-15 minutes loading when it's already 99%~

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 27 May 2014, 19:48

somethingsomething wrote:Hello! I have the same problem. I was wondering if it's normal for the game to take an extra 10-15 minutes loading when it's already 99%~

Next time, please open a separate topic for your issue(s). Wink  But yes, depending on how long you played in your savegame, and how "big" your hometown is (many lots, big houses, many sims, etc.) the game may take that long to load.

You might want to save your sim(s) into the "bin" in edit-town mode and then place the sim(s) in a new town. That can make the loading faster.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 21:28

Yeha I've been having it to fixed it think u have to crack the game before u do it if it doesn't work i'd just find another person to dl it from these guys have way to many issues. GL tho

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 May 2014, 22:10

Thank you so much! We just did a major upgrade on my system a few months ago, everything from ram to vid card to processor... and I was getting very frustrated that it seemed to make no difference. Read this and had a *DOH* moment.... giving it a try as I type this.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 May 2014, 22:16

Moondragon77 wrote:Thank you so much! We just did a major upgrade on my system a few months ago, everything from ram to vid card to processor... and I was getting very frustrated that it seemed to make no difference. Read this and had a *DOH* moment.... giving it a try as I type this.

One other important point I didn't mention before is custom content: having lots of that stuff installed can also slow down your game. So be aware of this. Wink  Next, you might want to give this here a shot:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner

But before using this tool, backup yopur savefiles somewhere ! Good luck.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top