Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game does not load after selecting household.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game does not load after selecting household. Empty Game does not load after selecting household.

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 19:12

Hello, 

I was playing last night the regular SIMS 3 and today I decided to install a expansion pack and it was ShowTime, after installing it and following all the instructions  here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly , i am able to open the game, select a family but when loading for the neighborhood it just keeps doing it forever, the tips keeps refreshing but the bar never gets to be full, please if there is any way that you guys can help me to fix this.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Game does not load after selecting household. Empty Re: Game does not load after selecting household.

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 19:18

Hi there, and Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

One question: how much is "forever"? The Sims 3 takes quite a bit of time to load, depending on you PC Specs and the content you have installed.

One suggestion is to try and rename the The Sims 3 folder that is inside Documents, or to back it up somewhere else, and then delete it. After that, start the game again (it will make a new The Sims 3 folder), then create a new save and see it the problem persists.

Please let us know if this helped. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Game does not load after selecting household. Empty Re: Game does not load after selecting household.

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 20:51

Thank you so much! it did work! however, is there a way that I can still use my old saved game? Every time I try to load it is when it gets stuck, also the game takes about 5 to 10 minutes to load itself, the town, the house an also to save! this is frustrating, any idea why is that? But again, thanks for helping me to make it work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 21:02

JHerben wrote:Thank you so much! it did work! however, is there a way that I can still use my old saved game? Every time I try to load it is when it gets stuck, also the game takes about 5 to 10 minutes to load itself, the town, the house an also to save! this is frustrating, any idea why is that? But again, thanks for helping me to make it work.

You're welcome! Very Happy
The issue is obviously with something inside the The Sims 3 folder, as creating a new one solved the issue. Do you have any Mods or CC? Try putting the old The Sims 3 folder back into Documents but remove the Mods or Custom Content you may have installed, and see if you can load your old save. Also, did you make sure that all of the mods you have are updated to 1.67 (and that your game is also updated)?

Regarding the 5-10 minutes wait, if it happened with the new TS3 folder, you could try downloading something like GameBooster to help clean up resources that your computer is using when you start the game. You can find it here:
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Defragmenting your hard drive would also help, or even cleaning some junk files.

Good luck and please let us know if this helped! Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 21:06

No mods or anything, just the old game or the base game it was, I haven't download anything else, and indeed the game is updated at 1.67, I am going to try one more time now and see what happens and i will check that for the booster hehe, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 21:12

Ok, tried again with my old saves file from the base game and it is indees not loading, now not even the tips are refreshing, I really didn't want to start over

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 21:23

JHerben wrote:No mods or anything, just the old game or the base game it was, I haven't download anything else, and indeed the game is updated at 1.67, I am going to try one more time now and see what happens and i will check that for the booster hehe, thanks.

JHerben wrote:Ok, tried again with my old saves file from the base game and it is indees not loading, now not even the tips are refreshing, I really didn't want to start over

One suggestion: please don't double post. You can edit the first of these posts to add more information by clicking "Edit" at the top of it. Sorry, it's against the forum rules. Wink

Regarding your save, one thing you could try to do is to delete the Caches and see if it helps. Please look for these files in the The Sims 3 folder inside documents and delete them:

simCompositorCache.package
compositorCache.package
CASPartCache.package
scriptCache.package

If this doesn't work, you could try following this instructions:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14129-tips-for-saving-your-corrupted-saves-including-error-12

Be sure to let us know how it goes! Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 21:26

Yes, I am really sorry, is just that I am using my phone and I belive there is only quick reply, my bad Smile.

Ok, I will try the cache if not the other site, thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 21:29

JHerben wrote:Yes, I am really sorry, is just that I am using my phone and I belive there is only quick reply, my bad Smile.

Ok, I will try the cache if not the other site, thanks!

Sorry, I forgot to mention that you should also clear more files than the ones I said. Please delete the files specified in the "Launcher files", here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files#Launcher_files

Good luck, and hope you can solve your problem! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top