Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After selecting town in Sims 3, it never gets past the loading screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After selecting town in Sims 3, it never gets past the loading screen Empty After selecting town in Sims 3, it never gets past the loading screen

Post by Guest Mon 03 Mar 2014, 23:35

Hi,

I am new to posting on here. My problem is that I have downloaded the latest sims university as well as other expansions. I followed your installation steps and used the ultimate fix correctly. They have always worked for me before. I finally got them all installed, it took me three days. Now though, everything is fine until I select my town. It takes more than an hour to load and goes no further. There is a "find ...." game on the loading screen that changes and the picture changes so I figured it was still running. But after three hours of waiting it just went no further. It started flashing to a still of a sims road and then back to the loading screen. Any help at all would really be appreciated.

Back to top Go down

After selecting town in Sims 3, it never gets past the loading screen Empty Re: After selecting town in Sims 3, it never gets past the loading screen

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Mar 2014, 18:30

Candaceameni wrote:Hi,

I am new to posting on here. My problem is that I have downloaded the latest sims university as well as other expansions. I followed your installation steps and used the ultimate fix correctly. They have always worked for me before. I finally got them all installed, it took me three days. Now though, everything is fine until I select my town. It takes more than an hour to load and goes no further. There is a "find ...." game on the loading screen that changes and the picture changes so I figured it was still running. But after three hours of waiting it just went no further. It started flashing to a still of a sims road and then back to the loading screen. Any help at all would really be appreciated.

Hello,

Most likely you have incompatible/outdated (core) mods installed, so please, remove ALL your mods for now. In fact, that's the only explanation I know of. After you removed your mods, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the file scriptCache.package. Re-start the game then and see if the game loads.

Good luck !

P.S. earlier you sent me an e-mail about another (different ?) problem. Please don't do that again; my "e-mail button" is not meant for any support: I do NOT give any support via PMs or e-mails anymore; so either make a new topic or keep all your problems in this topic here. Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

After selecting town in Sims 3, it never gets past the loading screen Empty Re: After selecting town in Sims 3, it never gets past the loading screen

Post by Guest Tue 04 Mar 2014, 18:55

Thank you Carlos,

I won't email again. It was the same problem. How do I remove the mods please? I lost hope and uninstalled all the games. I'm now re-installing. I'll try this when they are through. Where do I find the mods?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Mar 2014, 19:13

Candaceameni wrote:Thank you Carlos,

I won't email again. It was the same problem. How do I remove the mods please? I lost hope and uninstalled all the games. I'm now re-installing. I'll try this when they are through. Where do I find the mods?

Normally, you would know if you had mods installed, because this is something that is not "automatically" included in the default installation of The Sims 3. Did someone else do the installation for you ?

Anyhow, please go to (My) Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages. Inside therem delete ALL contents, just to be safe. Next, go back to
(My) Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the file scriptCache.package.

OK, then re-install the games, following this guide here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

But next time, you shouldn't un-install immediately, because it might make matters only worse, instead please wait for a reply from another Helper or Mod here. But good luck for now ! Smile 

P.S. yes, my e-mail button is mainly meant for me to chat with friends, rather than giving support. Wink 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Mar 2014, 21:18

Well thanks again for responding to me. I didn't know uninstall may have made it worse.   Facepalm 

Now I know   Smile 

I did the installation myself. It is the first time I am downloading it on this computer and I never got to play it because of the error I was having. So I knew it shouldn't be a saved files or CC error. I will still try what you said. 

Still re-installing. I figured I might as well add island paradise and into the future. That is giving trouble to update so doing step 2 now......blah blah blah.

Will let you know if it works this time around.

//EDIT

ok Carlos,

There was no file of either of those names in my documents folder. But like I said with a new game I didn't think it would have any saved or extra installed content. Now I have finished installing, according to the directions. I am getting a message saying " Service initialization failed (0x065d0274)" 

Any suggestions?

The only difference in what I did like I said was that I installed into the future and Island paradise, both from games4theworld, following the instructions.

//EDIT

I fixed the service initialization problem, it seems. The game is back to the first problem. I select a town. It loads to 99% then stops. Please help.

Mod edit: please click on the "edit"-button of your post. This will allow you to modify your post and add stuff to it. Do NOT post multiple times in a row - this is not only against the rules of the forum, but it also means more work for me because I have to merge them.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Mar 2014, 23:00

Hello again,

Can you go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like ? Just change the name of the folder...

Then re-start the game. See if the game loads.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Mar 2014, 03:05

No, same problem.

Now I am getting this error.
"Waring: Unrecognised Video Card - Your video card was not found in our database. Your graphics settings have been set as high as possible, but you may wish to reduce them if you are experiencing poor performance." 

The device config tells me this about my graphics card.

=== Graphics device info ===

Number:          0

Name (driver):   Microsoft Basic Render Driver

Name (database): Microsoft Basic Render Driver [Found: 0, Matched: 0]

Vendor:          

Chipset:         Vendor: 1414, Device: 008c, Board: 00000000, Chipset: 0000

Driver:          d3d10warp.dll, Version: 6.2.9200.16795, GUID: D7B71AF4-43CC-11CF-2B22-F003ADC2CB35

Driver version:  16795

Monitor:         \\.\DISPLAY1

Texture memory:  256MB

Vertex program:  3.0

Pixel program:   3.0

Hardware TnL:    1

I know this means that the game doesn't recognise it, maybe because it's too old, but I can't seem to find any information that would tell me what I need to do. 

DirectX Diagnostic tool said, and I hope this helps.... 

Name:             Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Manufacturer: (Standard display types)

Chip Type:      ATI ATOMBIOS

DAC Type:      (c) 1988-2005, ATI Technologies

Device Type:  Display-Only Display Device

Approx. Total Memory: 256 MB

Current Display Mode: 1600 x 1200 (32 bit) (64Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Nothing sounds impressive at all. I just need to know if it will be possible at all to play the game on this computer, and if so what I would have to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Mar 2014, 16:01

Try updating your video card drivers, maybe that can help.

Otherwise, try this here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Under "search for a game", put The Sims 3 in it, and then click "can you run it". This "tool" is not always reliable in my opinion, but it's still a nice resource, for the beginning at least.

And besides, you can theoretically skip that message, but in the in-game options menu, you might consider tuning down a few settings, like the resolution in particular. Also, try using the tool "GameBooster" to free up resources for your game (look on Piratebay).

However, if your system is too old, then there is nothing you can do, I'm afraid. Good luck though !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Mar 2014, 17:27

Now I am at my wits end. It said all my software was up to date when I tried to update the drivers. And "Canyourunit" said that I have way more than the required for sims 3 into the future. It still WON'T WORK!!! 

Thank you for your help Carlos.  Smile If you think of anything else let me know and I'll try it. According to everything we've tried it should be freaking working. 

I don't think the system is too old. It is a computer sorta "fixed up" by my brother who is a techy and a WOW gamer himself. and he used it to play his WOW before he gave it to me. oh well. 

Hope you can think of something.

Carlos,

I just tried deleting/uninstalling sims 3 Pets and it seems to be working. The town loaded though there is a terrible lag now. It takes a good three seconds for a command to be recognized, the cursor to change etc. Still haven't started actually playing yet but at least the town came up and I can enter "create a sim". Trying to fix that lag now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top