Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff Packs with Windows 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff Packs with Windows 8 Empty Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff Packs with Windows 8

Post by Guest Sat 17 May 2014, 01:17

Hi! I've recently gotten a new laptop, and it's a windows 8 user. I've used this site before on my last laptop, and have gotten great help when I asked for that one. However, I'm having problems installing on this new laptop, so here are my questions:

1.) I've downloaded all of the stuff and expansion packs that I don't have from here, but the guide is telling me to install them in order. However, when I try to, I get the ambitions installer no matter what. Do I have to install that first instead of world adventures? And if I do, will the other installers go back to normal? Do I have to install them in order at all?

2.) I asked this question in my last post, but since this is a different computer, I have to ask again, Do I need to install the manual patch if my game is already up to date? I ask because I went to Winrar, and extracted only the WA installer setup, but it said that the region code was wrong. I tried looking up the problem in other forums, but the solutions were for Windows 7 or Mac, and when I tried them, they didn't work at all, or it said that my game needed the manual patch to be up to date. Is there a different way of doing it for Windows 8?

3.) I already own some of the EP and SP, so when it says to install the games in order, do I have to uninstall those? I was told that games from the site and bought games can mix just fine, but that was on my old laptop, and I don't know if that's the problem with this new one. For example, in the *MUST READ* instructions, it says that at least one of the games on the list have to be already installed. A few of them are some of my bought games, and as it worked for me having those already installed on my last laptop, I tried it on this laptop too, but as WA won't install, I'm wondering if the fact that those are bought is creating trouble. Do I have to get all of the games from here?

I would really appreciate it if someone helped me (again), because I've been at this for about five hours, and I'm ready to throw this new laptop against a wall.  Help

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff Packs with Windows 8 Empty Re: Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff Packs with Windows 8

Post by Guest Sat 17 May 2014, 06:23

You do not have to install the sims expansions in order. Go ahead and install the sims 3 first... then whatever expansions you want in any order. I recommend doing the manual patch and then installing everything. The only thing you need from the individual installation instructions is the Key to install your game. Once you have everything installed, use the crack from the #Crack folder int he ultimate fix download. This is all you have to do. If there is anything else you need please be sure to let us know.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff Packs with Windows 8 Empty Re: Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff Packs with Windows 8

Post by Guest Sat 17 May 2014, 06:48

LoriliHime wrote:You do not have to install the sims expansions in order. Go ahead and install the sims 3 first... then whatever expansions you want in any order. I recommend doing the manual patch and then installing everything. The only thing you need from the individual installation instructions is the Key to install your game. Once you have everything installed, use the crack from the #Crack folder int he ultimate fix download. This is all you have to do. If there is anything else you need please be sure to let us know.
Okay, I'll try that! But what will the manual patch do? I was told that it's purpose was for making the game up to date, but my game is already updated. Also, the WA expansion pack says that the regional codes don't match, and I can't change it in the same way as Mac or Windows 7. Also, the extracted installation apps are all popping up as the installation for Ambitions. They only work normally when I extract only the app, but then it tells me that the region code is wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 May 2014, 07:11

o.O I would make sure that every expansion is extracted to its own individual folder before installing. If you need to, you can use the other files found in the Ultimate Fix download to replace the original application files. This might make it easier to install other expansions. Let me know how the attempt works out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 May 2014, 07:40

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the error that my Sims 3 regional code is different than the EP's regional code. And when I try to install the one from the Ultimate Fix, I get this error: Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 May 2014, 08:03

I would suggest perhaps installing the temporary fix. If that doesn't work then we need to figure out why you are having this issues. I told you how I fixed mine when it did the same thing so one of our other helpers may have to help you. I am very sorry I was unable to be of more help to you, but I also didn't want to not reply and have you feel like you were being ignored lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 May 2014, 08:07

Haha! Thank you for trying anyways! It means a lot to me that you did! I'll try the temporary fix, and hope that it works!

UPDATE: Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Since my game/launcher is already updated to the latest patch, it's doing nothing for me.  Sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff Packs with Windows 8 Empty I figured SOMETHING out! Just not for WA, and is still slightly incomplete in testing

Post by Guest Mon 19 May 2014, 08:14

Okay! New update! World Adventures doesn't seem to be working for me, but the rest of them seem to so far. I haven't finished all of them, but so far what I did seems to work, so if anyone else is having the same problem, I hope that this works for you too!

1.) I uninstalled ALL of my Sims 3 games. ALL OF THEM.

2.) I reinstalled only the CD games. If you bought it on origin, and don't have the physical copy, DON'T INSTALL THE ORIGIN ONLY ONES YET!!! Also, I used the manual patch immediately after installing all of my hard copy games, but the one that EA gives. (Sorry G4TW, but yours confuses the ever-loving pancakes out of me. But that's my fault, I have a disorder where I need things spelled out for me in precise directions with a visual guide. It's why this post is so long.)

3.) Download, bittorrent (I use Vuze, and don't know what it's called when you turn it into a .rar file), and install the games ONE AT A TIME! The last time I tried to do them all at once, it seemed to screw the files up.

3.1.) I don't suggest moving the files to a separate location. I use Winrar, and I don't know how it works for other programs, but if you can, click on the displayed folder in Winrar (or whatever you use) for the game you want, and then click on the thing that says "Autorun.exe" It installed for me afterwards. 

4.) It seems to be working for me so far. When I finish installing all of the games from here, I'm going to try to use the ultimate fix, install the games from Origin, and then use the ultimate fix again, (to be on the safe side). And if that works, I'll try to see if adding custom content works okay with it too.

I hope that this works for others that have a problem with Windows 8 and the files as well! I still haven't figured out how to get WA to work, since it tells me that it's a problem with my regional code and nothing else, but having only one game not work is better then when none of the games would work! I'll try to post again with what I find, but it's 2 AM, and I should probably sleep soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top