Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intermittent freezes, especially in IP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Intermittent freezes, especially in IP Empty Intermittent freezes, especially in IP

Post by Guest Sat 24 May 2014, 21:10

I've fixed this problem once in different towns because of the festival grounds w/ Seasons, but even if I delete it in IP, this problem still happens.

I could play up until the second day at 9:17 pm simtime. As soon as that time strikes, everything freezes and the environment still animates.

I heard that there was a trick and that you had to remove certain households but I can't remember which ones.

Plus, I'd like to know how to remove background programs, especially in windows 8.1, and which ones should I safely disable.

Back to top Go down

Intermittent freezes, especially in IP Empty Re: Intermittent freezes, especially in IP

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 May 2014, 21:57

HelloLove98 wrote:I've fixed this problem once in different towns because of the festival grounds w/ Seasons, but even if I delete it in IP, this problem still happens.

I could play up until the second day at 9:17 pm simtime. As soon as that time strikes, everything freezes and the environment still animates.

I heard that there was a trick and that you had to remove certain households but I can't remember which ones.

Plus, I'd like to know how to remove background programs, especially in windows 8.1, and which ones should I safely disable.

Hello,

Are you actually using any mods ? I didn't delete any households in IP, and never had that glitch (of course, that doesn't have to mean anything). If you don't have the NRAAS_MasterController mod yet, you can use it to reset your whole town - maybe that can help. If you don't know how to install mods, check out the guide here:

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files.pdf

Now download and install this mod here:

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/file/view/NRaas_MasterController_V130.zip/506807352/NRaas_MasterController_V130.zip

Start the game, and then go into Map view. Click on the town hall and select NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Town -> Reset everyting. Wait a while until the reset is complete - it can take a while. Afterwards play on and see if the game still freezes.

About the background processes, that's not so easy to answer actually. If you open the task manager by pressing  Ctrl + Alt + Del, and then go to the Processes-tab, you'll see a list of processes. The processes can either have the username "SYSTEM" or "(your username)".

AS A VERY ROUGH GUIDE, you can turn off the ones that have YOUR username next to the process name, but you should NEVER turn off those that have "SYSTEM" as their username. You can turn off a process by right-clicking on it and choosing "end process". But again, if you don't know what exactly you can safely close down, this method might not be a good idea.

Alternatively, use a tool like "GameBooster" for that task (look on Piratebay). If you need more assistance with that, just let me know. Good luck for now. Smile

P.S. The "Isla Paradiso" world is highly demanding in terms of system resources, so in case your computer isn't that strong, you will genreally encounter lags and freezes pretty often.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Intermittent freezes, especially in IP Empty Re: Intermittent freezes, especially in IP

Post by Guest Wed 28 May 2014, 21:51

I have had similar problems. In one case, the reset town helped as a sim that was glitched was trying to do something every day at same time. In the other case, the save file had gotten corrupted for that family. I had been saving in a cycle, so went back to a previous save, and the problem fixed itself. I hope you get yours solved. Happy simming!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 31 May 2014, 06:46

Moondragon77 wrote:I have had similar problems. In one case, the reset town helped as a sim that was glitched was trying to do something every day at same time. In the other case, the save file had gotten corrupted for that family. I had been saving in a cycle, so went back to a previous save, and the problem fixed itself. I hope you get yours solved. Happy simming!

Yes the thing with "going back" to backup saves is a good idea, worth trying too ! Smile  I once had a similar issue myself (constant crashing whenever I used a bathtub, shower or whirlpool), and I deleted my current save, applied the "Save files cleaner" to my backup save:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner

Then restored that backup save - and everything worked fine again. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top