Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Intermittent freezing / resuming game play

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Intermittent freezing / resuming game play Empty Sims 3 Intermittent freezing / resuming game play

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 16:51

Hi (I'm a noob to your site) Smile

I have all Sims 3 expansions and stuff packs up to Showtime. No custom content or mods.

I've noticed that my sims would freeze intermittently (while fountains, trees, music continued) for about 10 seconds then resume. This is also happening in build mode. Yesterday I uninstalled everything and did a complete reinstall. (I haven't installed anything from your site at this point)

The home I'm building is quite large; however, I've built the same size if not larger in the past without issue.

I really hope there is a fix out there. Thank you for the site, and for your help SmileSims 3 Intermittent freezing / resuming game play 2830496658

//EDIT

Update, the build mode freezing is extreme reaching 10+ min. So the game isn't really playable. Sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Intermittent freezing / resuming game play Empty Re: Sims 3 Intermittent freezing / resuming game play

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 17:44

To fix this issue, what i did was to go in the Options menu, and drag the Draw Distance slider to LOW, this way the lagg of the town coming from other sims won't affect you while you are playing, once you set that on LOW, you wont be able to see the town in a horizontal way but still you feel almost no difference and it improves the performance waaaaay more! Good luck! Sims 3 Intermittent freezing / resuming game play 3479271199

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Intermittent freezing / resuming game play Empty Re: Sims 3 Intermittent freezing / resuming game play

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 23:45

I've changed my settings to the lowest possible on every option. Still lag city. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:01

Hello,

Which town are you playing?
Do you have mods/cc?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Apr 2012, 18:11

I'm playing Sunset Valley and don't have any mods or cc.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Apr 2012, 18:21

Hello,

It's possible that this is caused by bad routing. That means that, when sims get stuck around unroutable terrain, or because of roads that don't quite match up, your game can start lagging.
Try the cheatcommand resetsim to reset all of the sims in town.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Apr 2012, 18:25

I will try that for sure and get back with you. Do you think this would also impact the build mode lag?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Apr 2012, 19:42

Hello,

No I don't think so.
I have noticed that some aspects of building/furnishing take much longer lately. It could have something to do with the latest patches.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top