Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dangerously High Memory use and missing town files

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dangerously High Memory use and missing town files Empty Dangerously High Memory use and missing town files

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 14:28

So I downloaded The Sims 3 Late Night and all was good except for the fact that I had to uninstall all my data from the game. It worked good so I maxed out all graphics and quit the game. I went on to download Island Paradise. IP went quicker than LN so I was happy. I however was not happy when I loaded the game and all my saves were gone and more. I scrolled down the list and Sunset Valley (non torrent), Moonlight Falls (non torrent), Bridgeport (torrent), Isla Paradiso (torrent) and the store world ads were all gone. I was logged in to the site via the launcher and on the main menu, It said username and didn't show my profile picture. I exited out and windows was asking to shut down files to prevent memory loss. The game hasn't used up my memory since I got it in 2009. I assume I did something wrong in download but I made sure to follow the guide word by word. I have no problem with uninstalling the game since base game is downloaded over cloud via origin.

Back to top Go down

Dangerously High Memory use and missing town files Empty Re: Dangerously High Memory use and missing town files

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 May 2014, 22:45

Availien wrote:So I downloaded The Sims 3 Late Night and all was good except for the fact that I had to uninstall all my data from the game. It worked good so I maxed out all graphics and quit the game. I went on to download Island Paradise. IP went quicker than LN so I was happy. I however was not happy when I loaded the game and all my saves were gone and more. I scrolled down the list and Sunset Valley (non torrent), Moonlight Falls (non torrent), Bridgeport (torrent), Isla Paradiso (torrent) and the store world ads were all gone. I was logged in to the site via the launcher and on the main menu, It said username and didn't show my profile picture. I exited out and windows was asking to shut down files to prevent memory loss. The game hasn't used up my memory since I got it in 2009. I assume I did something wrong in download but I made sure to follow the guide word by word. I have no problem with uninstalling the game since base game is downloaded over cloud via origin.

//MOVED

Hello,

All your "personal" information in the game, like savefiles, mods, custom content and even customizable settings are stored in the folder "The Sims 3", located in My Documents/Electronic Arts. And sometimes, when you update the game, the folder and/or some of its components can get corrupted or deleted. The only real way to prevent that would be that BEFORE you update the game or install a new expansion, you should just change the name of the folder into anything you like, so that the game doesn't "recognize" it. In general, it's also a good idea to backup  this entire folder "The Sims 3" somewhere. Or, AT LEAST, you should just backup the sub-folder "Saves".

I'm afraid that - at this point - there is nothing much you can do, if you don't have a backup of the stuff, besides re-downloading/re-installing the CC; and starting over again.

About the memory issue, is your Windows a 32-bit or 64-bit version ? And how many GBs of RAM does your computer have ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top