Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

missing option and town text. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

missing option and town text. [SOLVED] Empty missing option and town text. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 04:45

i know this has been addressed b4 but i have tried the regedit and my game is already set to en-us. but after installing pets and moving cracks i get into the game and known of the buttons work and im missing the towns and the text for options and town dropdown menu. im trying the reinstalling thing now but seems to be missing the navbackground.png for some reason. can anyone help at all. my base game is a legit copy disc aand all.

Back to top Go down

missing option and town text. [SOLVED] Empty Re: missing option and town text. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 02 Jul 2013, 05:27

darthsaber89 wrote:i know this has been addressed b4 but i have tried the regedit and my game is already set to en-us. but after installing pets and moving cracks i get into the game and known of the buttons work and im missing the towns and the text for options and town dropdown menu. im trying the reinstalling thing now but seems to be missing the navbackground.png for some reason. can anyone help at all. my base game is a legit copy disc aand all.

Hello,

Yes in the "Fixes" section here, there is somewhere the suggestion to change a few registry values, but personally I would "start over", and un-install all the Sims 3 games. For a start, follow these instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall. Please make sure to delete the right registry entries manually, instead of using tools like the "CCleaner".

After that, you may re-start the computer. Now begin re-installing. When you install the base game though, you will probably get an option to select a language: select English (you will not get that option later on anymore, when you install the expansion/stuff packs).

See if that helps. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

missing option and town text. [SOLVED] Empty Re: missing option and town text. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 05:31

im trying that now, although i keep getting a cycling error whicch means the disc isnt getting read on certain spots but its clean and i cant see a crack anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 10:43

Please have a look at this topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 02 Jul 2013, 10:50

darthsaber89 wrote:i know this has been addressed b4 but i have tried the regedit and my game is already set to en-us. but after installing pets and moving cracks i get into the game and known of the buttons work and im missing the towns and the text for options and town dropdown menu. im trying the reinstalling thing now but seems to be missing the navbackground.png for some reason. can anyone help at all. my base game is a legit copy disc aand all.

Hello,

Well, have you tried to regedit all expansion folders? Not only the locale in the base game folder, but also all locales in different expansion folders. Try to change them to en-US.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 18:25

yes i did regedit with everything. apparently the ultimate fix fixed it lol so case closed and thx for all your help guys.

Helper edit: I interpret this as "problem solved". OK, happy simming ! Topic closed.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top