Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims™ 3 - Unsure of what to do now.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims™ 3 - Unsure of what to do now. Empty Sims™ 3 - Unsure of what to do now.

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jun 2014, 05:22

Well, after countless hours of downloading EVERY DLC and the game itself. I'm not sure of what to do. What do I do with the files? Where do I put them? The DLCs that is. That's my only doubt.

I downloaded the following recently and I don't know where to put them:

- 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff
- Diesel Stuff
- Island Paradise
- Katy Perry Sweet Treats
- Master Suite Stuff
- Movie Stuff
- Supernatural
- University Life

Thanks in advance.

//EDIT

bump.

Back to top Go down

Sims™ 3 - Unsure of what to do now. Empty Re: Sims™ 3 - Unsure of what to do now.

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jun 2014, 21:17

What do you need help with? You've downloaded the torrents using something like  uTorrent/BitTorrent, right? If so, download winRAR and extract the rar files into folders. I would make a new folder for each expansion just so everything was condensed neatly. Then run the set-up for each expansion (it will say setup in the folder). Open the installation guide that's also in each xpac folder to get the serial numbers so that you can put them in during the expansion installation.

Look at this video for info about how to install the expansions: 

You don't need to install the #crack folders from each expansion folder, just use the crack from the Ultimate Fix and place it in your base game's bin folder.

Back to top Go down

Sims™ 3 - Unsure of what to do now. Empty Re: Sims™ 3 - Unsure of what to do now.

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jun 2014, 22:41

Well, let me specify myself a bit better. I already downloaded them using uTorrent, I already unzipped the files. I just have no idea where to put them. They're just sitting on my desktop. Should I put them in the contents of Sims 3 in the Bin? Or what...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jun 2014, 00:18

No. In the cracked EP's folder, there's a file that has "Setup" in it. Click that and start the setup for the expansion pack. Then, when prompted to put in the serial code - open up the Installation Guide.txt that is also in the EP's folder and copy and paste one of the ones given. The installer will add the expansions packs to your Electronic Arts folder (in the x86 version of your program files), which is where The Sims 3 folder is also located. The only things you need to move into The Sims 3's bin are the two files that are in the Ultimate Fix's folder. Nothing else.

Watch that video if you're confused, it's what I used to install 3 expansions today. I'm currently playing with no problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jun 2014, 01:25

There is a setup in each and every file which I downloaded from THIS site called "setup.dll" but it gives me an error when I try to open it. I use a Macintosh, and I couldn't find anywhere to put this in the Mac section, (or maybe I didn't look hard enough?) shouldn't be too different though. I mean I got to this site from somebody linking the torrents with Mac instructions and all, because any questions and all that they referred to here. My only problem is that I just don't know what to do with the files sitting in my desktop, better yet: how do I install the extra DLCs, or are they already installed now that they are on my desktop.

Mod edit: Topic moved to "Mac support". And would you kindly refrain from bumping on here ? Thank you. 

- Carlos

Last edited by Carlos on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 03:09; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 11 Jun 2014, 19:36

Hello,

Apparently you didn't read our guide about "How To Install Sims 3 On Mac"... Please do, you'll find every answer in there: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11793-up-to-date-the-sims-3-mac-guide-out-now-download-link
 If you need anything still after reading the manual, please let us know.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top